tvcatchup

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
ptcjohn

tvcatchup

Post by ptcjohn »

Just had a rather stroppy answer from tvcatchup.com. My complaint was everything was working with adblock now i cant receive any stream from tvcatchup without dissabling adblock.I understand the ads that are streamed are not blockable as there is no way to distinguish between the programme or the ad. I was using adblock to get rid of the banners and ads that annoyingly surrounded the window. TVcatchup blamed adblock and their only recommendation was to turn it off!!! This i find strange as bbciplayer works fine itvplayer works fine 4OD works fine. My thinking is they have done something to ensure the ads are getting through so as to guarantee to their advertisement subscribers their monies are not being wasted. Any thoughts on this???
lewisje

Re: tvcatchup

Post by lewisje »

It's a false positive in one of your filter-lists or your custom filters; you might try using the Web Inspector to see which requests get cancelled, or wait for someone else in the UK to do the same (I can't debug because tvcatchup.com is not available in the US).
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.

Post by Guest »

lewisje wrote:It's a false positive in one of your filter-lists or your custom filters; you might try using the Web Inspector to see which requests get cancelled, or wait for someone else in the UK to do the same (I can't debug because tvcatchup.com is not available in the US).
not using any custom filters. adblock is at default.Adblock was working fine for sometime. Problem appeared suddenly.
nitrox

Post by nitrox »

fixed in fanboy adblock list. Just force an update.

These are the whitelists that are needed.

Code: Select all

@@||dc.tremormedia.com/crossdomain.xml$domain=tvcatchup.com
@@||inskinad.com/ISAPAdServer/AdS.aspx?$script,domain=tvcatchup.com
http://hg.fanboy.co.nz/rev/13b255a21410

FYI, You won't see any ads on iPlayer even when adblock plus is disabled. BBC don't show any ads on their TV channel as well as their websites for UK viewers because we pay them via TV license fee.
Fanboy list Co-Maintainer

Fanboy Adblock List's

Fanboy List Forum
MonztA
ABP Developer

Post by MonztA »

Thanks nitrox, fixed in EasyList as well https://hg.adblockplus.org/easylist/rev/72dfbfe405d9
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

Guest wrote:adblock is at default
For a few months now, "default" has included a random selection of EasyList, Fanboy Adblock, or Adversity as the main ABP list, so next time a problem comes up, you need to tell us what list it is, even if you've never explicitly subscribed to a list.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
Coolio Wolfus

Post by Coolio Wolfus »

Had a look at this myself.
The current fix offsets the channel list to the left.
Researching shows most of the InSkin divs are not a problem for it.

Code: Select all

tvcatchup.com##.InSkinBaseContainer_myPageSkin
Controls the channel list border advertising.

I just need to figure out how to make the rest of the InSkin's exceptions to see if it helps.