Android App: mentioned on the website

Discussion on adblockplus.org website and translations
ringelnatz

Android App: mentioned on the website

Post by ringelnatz »

I sincerely hope that this is the right forum but could find no better one. And as a disclaimer: I know how to root a device, this is not what I'm looking for. I also know that Adblock Plus is available as an extension for Firefox Mobile but for various reasons I do not like the mobile iteration of an otherwise great browser.

I have been looking for an easy solution, no root required version of an adblocker for an Android tablet. Apparently there exists an Android application version of Adblock Plus that can be run with or without root.

Here is the app's official homepage: http://adblockplus.org/en/android-about

Here you can see how to properly configure the application: http://adblockplus.org/en/android-config

I even found a German news article (http://www.netzwelt.de/news/93152-app-t ... droid.html) that talks about testing the application on non rooted devices.

The major problem I run into is that the actual application is nowhere to be found. The official homepage mentions that it should be in the Google Play Store. It also says that you can download the apk file from the site to install manually, all without providing a proper download link for the file. I find this mildly infuriating. Have any of you guys heard of this application or know why it is nowhere to be found? Any help would be appreciated.
MonztA
ABP Developer

Re: Android App: mentioned on the website

Post by MonztA »

It has not been released yet.
ringelnatz

Post by ringelnatz »

Thanks for the information.

Do you happen to have an estimated date of release?
Bam

Post by Bam »

the app is mentioned in the actual c't magazin für computer und technik, 25;2012 dated November 19, page 40. it is said "steht auf dem Sprung", so, when will it Land?
MonztA
ABP Developer

Post by MonztA »

In the third paragraph it says: "Noch im November soll eine Adroid-Version auf den Markt kommen."
MonztA
ABP Developer

Post by MonztA »

It will be released tomorrow.
ringelnatz

Post by ringelnatz »

Thanks for the update. I'll try it out by tomorrow then, no use in installing the apk, when I can get the easily upgradable version from the Playstore.
Conelays

Post by Conelays »

Thanks for sharing!