Need filter for popular video site

Posting here is no longer possible, please use the forum of a filter list project, such as EasyList
needforDrama

Need filter for popular video site

Post by needforDrama »

Looks like in the past few days that http://www.dramafever.com has added an adblock detector and won't allow you to watch videos until you disable it. After you disable then they obviously interrupt the video's with embedded ads\commercials. Last week everything was great, seems they have been working to lock their site down. Any help would be appreciated.
fanboy

Re: Need filter for popular video site

Post by fanboy »

Force an update of your subscriptions.. let me know if this helps..

https://hg.adblockplus.org/easylist/rev/d54e22cedee3
https://hg.fanboy.co.nz/rev/a4b98d8cdcf7
needforDrama

Post by needforDrama »

Thank You!!!!

Works great. fanboy, I appreciate the quick turnaround. Not that ofter you get a problem solved so quickly and painlessly. :-)

[that site seems to be changing often lately so I'm sure there will be a counter attack in the future]
Anji

Post by Anji »

So I forced an update of my fanboy ad block list, but Drama Fever still had advertisements. Is it just me? Am I missing something?
fanboy

Post by fanboy »

Anji wrote:So I forced an update of my fanboy ad block list, but Drama Fever still had advertisements. Is it just me? Am I missing something?
It was an Anti-adblock issue, however, which page was experiencing adverts?
Anji

Post by Anji »

Yup. still having problems with dramafever.com. Specifically, this page: http://www.dramafever.com/drama/4142/1/Miss_Rose/
Thanks for the reply!
sonyang oh

Post by sonyang oh »

needforDrama wrote:Thank You!!!!

Works great. fanboy, I appreciate the quick turnaround. Not that ofter you get a problem solved so quickly and painlessly. :-)

[that site seems to be changing often lately so I'm sure there will be a counter attack in the future]
eskimoaN

Post by eskimoaN »

i forced an update and it worked for a couple weeks, but now it doesn't. i guess dramafever updated their stuff again.
fanboy

Post by fanboy »

They use hulu for ads, which cant be blocked.. but theres no issues having adblock enabled on that site (re-tested)
eskimoaN

Post by eskimoaN »

hmm.. this whole time ive been using dramafever it blocked the ads and i was still able to watch the shows. i dont know what blocked it but o well.

thanks for your response!
needforDrama

Post by needforDrama »

It's broke for me again. It worked before. I think they are active in monitoring adblock scripts.
needforDrama

Post by needforDrama »

Correction. The video's are able to play while adblockplus is enabled, however it doesn't block the ads. I think the combination of adblockplus and noscript has worked to block the ads in the past. They must be evolving.
eskimoaN

Post by eskimoaN »

i know that, but i never used noscript. i only had adblock plus and when i watched the shows it skipped all the ads with a 1 second screen freeze/pause up until this week. what could it be?
needforDrama

Post by needforDrama »

Well it was working (blocking ads during video playback) and now it appears they have changed it up again. So annoying when you watch without ads and then all of a sudden you feel like you are watching ads with the video sprinkled in.

If you can find a way to block the ads it would be greatly appreciated.
sweetharam

Post by sweetharam »

i don knw hw to disable adblock.cudnt find the the icon...