adblock plus for chrome tool won't install.

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
MinerrMark

adblock plus for chrome tool won't install.

Post by MinerrMark »

please tell me how to make adblock plus actually install on google chrome.
najim6

Re: adblock plus for chrome tool won't install.

Post by najim6 »

Hi, I think had this problem, and I found out that I had to be signed in to chrome with my google account to actually let it install.
nclrbrt

Post by nclrbrt »

I just uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome, primarily because AdBlock Plus would not install for Chrome (I had to disable ABP for a job application assessment and have not been able to find how to reactivate it). Surprise! ABP still will not install. I don't know how to completely uninstall ABP so I can start it from scratch. Can you help me with this?
nclrbrt

Post by nclrbrt »

P.S. I am signed to Chrome.
nclrbrt

Post by nclrbrt »

I brought up Task Manager. It shows Browser (Chrome), Tab: AdBlock Plus, and Plugin: Shockwave Flash. I clicked on Tab: AdBlock Plus, it turned blue. I clicked End Process and got the "It's Dead, Jim" message. No clue as to what to do next. Any more ideas?
Laura

Post by Laura »

The one poster was correct about being in gmail. I used my gmail to sign into Chrome but didn't actually have my gmail open and signed into. Once I did that it downloaded immediately.
Thumper369

Post by Thumper369 »

Compounding problems. In case any one else has this.

In trying to fix this, I had added a bunch of filters for the adds. Then at some point Gmail would not load. Forgetting I added the rules, I could not figure out why it would not load. So I disabled ABP.

Fast forward some period of time. I look over and those pesky ads are bugging me. SO I add a bunch of filters to get rid of them. No luck. Then I realize O wait, ABP is disabled for gmail.

You can see it was a vicious cycle.

Removed all custom Gmail filters and enabled ABP on the page and updated filter. Everything works great now.

Good luck. Hopefully your smarter than me and don't have this problem to start.
tilyfred

Post by tilyfred »

I am having no luck getting adblocker to install. I have signed into 2 different gmail accounts that I have, but when I press the install button on the adblock plus homepage, the message asks me if I want to install, but when I click yes, it does nothing.

PLEASE HELP. these adds are killing me!
mapx

Post by mapx »

go directly to the store:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... fddb?hl=en

you must wait (I tested myself), be patient, eventually you could refresh the page ...
if you have some errors, post them here

some other guys succeded to install it after reinstalling chrome (it seems to be a general issue with chrome)
see also
forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=23912
MeanMomma

Post by MeanMomma »

I just uninstalled Chrome, and re-installed it, and now it works. Give it a try, make sure to delete all of the settings as well. Good luck!