Unable to remove Adblock Plus from Chrome

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
mgbeingcreative

Unable to remove Adblock Plus from Chrome

Post by mgbeingcreative »

I am attempting to remove Adblock Plus from my extensions on Google Chrome, but am unable to. I go to Settings -> Extensions and Adblock Plus 1.3.4.908 is one of the extensions listed. There is not a "little trashcan" in order to "Remove from Chrome" and Enabled with the Check mark is greyed out, so that I cannot deselect it.

I have a message in the listing of the Extension that says: This extension is managed and cannot be removed or disabled.

I have no idea what the extension being managed means. I looked up, and found other people with this problem who said:

- Go to: C -> Users -> <User name> -> AppData (hidden folder) -> Local -> Google -> Chrome -> User Data -> Default -> Extensions and delete whatever folder is tied to the ID for that Extension. I did this, but am still getting the Extension listed in my list of Extensions for Google Chrome.

What am I doing wrong, what does my "extension being managed" mean, and how do I fix this?
ale4life

Re: Unable to remove Adblock Plus from Chrome

Post by ale4life »

have been having the same problem too.here is the solution I found
Adblock Plus 1.3.4.908 is a Development build and needs a registry fix to remove it.
here it is http://adblockplus.org/devbuilds/adbloc ... remove.reg
hope that helps