Why isn't this extension on...

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
nue

Why isn't this extension on...

Post by nue »

Why isn't this extension on the mozilla extension site??

Just wondering because I only trust extensions from there and doesn't download extension from anywhere else but from the mozilla site because extension can do some nasty things if someone wanted it to.

I have seen a few sites giving your extension good rates, but I hasitate to dowload from here.

So, upload it to mozilla and I will be happy :D

Post by Guest »

no
Calain

Post by Calain »

MCM did not upload this modification of the Adblock extension, cause he thinks of this as an unofficial "temporary" extension, that will stop when the original Adblock catches up. This is also 'cause he just did modifications to the code base of Adblock 0.5.9. The original Adblock Team will make a complete rewrite of the code for 0.6. (That's why it takes so long.)

So you will likely never see this extension at Mozilla Update, but you can also find it here in the mozillazine forums, if that fits you better ;).

Post by Guest »

how can you only trust addons.mozilla.org? just recently they had a few hipccups with bad extension
Paulfox

Post by Paulfox »

Calain wrote:cause he thinks of this as an unofficial "temporary" extension, that will stop when the original Adblock catches up.
Bummer. I think he's the true successor and personally I will ALWAYS use MCM's version as long as I can. Using 1.5b2 I believe you'd be dead in the water if it wasn't for mcm's version, and the improved interface, DIV additions, whitelisting and many other "tweaks and improvements" show me that if it wasn't for him we could pretty much forget about new FX versions and AdBlock.

I don't believe there has even been a "message" from the original developers regarding forthcoming versions - mcm is posting new versions and updated forum entries almost daily, if not 2-3x per week. Per WEEK.

God Bless mcm - without him I don't think I or anyone else would have "AdBlock" at all.

Re: Why isn't this extension on...

Post by Guest »

nue wrote: So, upload it to mozilla and I will be happy :D
Heh. So you can't trust nothing but unanimous praise for mcm_ham's updates on this site and elsewhere? You need something more? :D Well, then you and the original (non-updated for a year+) Adblock deserve each other :p

In the meantime, I'll leave this to tease you:
http://aasted.org/adblock/viewtopic.php?t=2264

;)