Latest update - Dolphin Browser

Everything about using the stand-alone Adblock Plus app on Android
ST Nathan

Re: Latest update - Dolphin Browser

Post by ST Nathan »

Having the same problem here with Google (search and results) showing up blank. Disabling jetpack appeared to solve it. Would like to re-enable jetpack though.

Makes sense that https sites work, since ABP wouldn't be able to do its proxy filtering on encrypted streams.
volarium

Post by volarium »

Would be interested in confirmation from another user who experienced this issue, but for me, the new update of ABP appears to have resolved the issue. Dolphin is now working fine for me.
ST Nathan

Post by ST Nathan »

volarium wrote:Would be interested in confirmation from another user who experienced this issue, but for me, the new update of ABP appears to have resolved the issue. Dolphin is now working fine for me.
'fraid not. I just installed ABP 1.1.2, turned Dolphin Jetpack back on, and I still get blank pages for Google search results.
jo100

Post by jo100 »

I just installed the latest version.
I have to tell you, I never can get Dolphin Browser (9.4.1) to work on my Android Asus Tablet.
Same with Google Chrome.
I much prefer to use Dolphin.
I do have the jet pack installed. I certainly don't want to not use it.

Yes, those black pages. If is weird. I start to see the movement on the top most part of my screen, where it is starting to load the page, then it just vanishes.

Another thing I wonder is if Dolphin themselves makes Adblock Plus difficult to use. I have no idea, but I hey suspicious when I see so many other add-ons that Dolphin has that get loaded with the browser.
I had be asked Dolphin why they're don't have Adblock Plus as a add-in. I have posted it on their firum as well.
Could if be that Dolphin has pressure to NOT allow Adblock Plus to be a add-in? Sure seems like Google, who removed it from PLAY doesn't want it to work.

How about others posting suppor, feedback & forum posts asking for them to include Adblock Plus as an add-on.

Thanks,
Jon
volarium

Post by volarium »

ST Nathan wrote:
volarium wrote:Would be interested in confirmation from another user who experienced this issue, but for me, the new update of ABP appears to have resolved the issue. Dolphin is now working fine for me.
'fraid not. I just installed ABP 1.1.2, turned Dolphin Jetpack back on, and I still get blank pages for Google search results.
I am running Dolphin Beta (not Dolphin + Jetpack). Give that a try just to see if there is a difference.
ST Nathan

Post by ST Nathan »

volarium wrote:
ST Nathan wrote:
I am running Dolphin Beta (not Dolphin + Jetpack). Give that a try just to see if there is a difference.
Hmm, no, I just downloaded Dolphin Beta and am getting blank google results pages there too with ABP turned on. Maybe the OS version makes a difference? I'm on (Samsung's version of) Android 4.2.2.
hughofbardfield

Post by hughofbardfield »

AFAIK I have the latest iteration of ABP, latest Dolphin & Dolphin Beta versions (just checked) & still the blank pages. This on my Nexus 7 with the latest version of Android. What I find odd is that it worked fine to start with. ABP seems to work happily on Firefox on this tablet, but I find Dolphin fastest.
hughofbardfield

Post by hughofbardfield »

ABP uninstalled until a fix is produced
Winfried

Post by Winfried »

What's the status about ABP and the Dolphin browser?

Does it still not work?

FWIW, I moved to Cyanogenmod, so I guess I now have a rooted phone.

Thank you.
volarium

Post by volarium »

For me, it works fine now. Not sure what updated, Dolphin or ABP, but it's been working for me for some time.
Winfried

Post by Winfried »

Thanks, it seems to work OK.
LRD

Post by LRD »

Not sure what happened, but in the last day or two all ads get through on Dolphin while Chrome blocks everything perfectly.

(I think I remember seeing an update for Jetpack... not sure, though.)
plato1123

Post by plato1123 »

Having same (new) issue, ads aren't being blocked in Dolphin when Jetpack is enabled (Jetpack somehow not honoring proxy settings?)
metal_duc

Post by metal_duc »

Same Issue here, just install dolphin jetpack and now adblock doesn't block anything, all ads are loaded.
Dave83

Post by Dave83 »

Hi, I have the same issue.

With Dolphin, all ads are loader.
I need to use jetpack, because if I disabled it, flash player doesn't work.

Any fix?