[Done] New Adblock Plus icons

Various discussions related to Adblock Plus development
Stupid Head

Post by Stupid Head »

John23 wrote:(They likely either dont know about this place, or, like me, dont have the time).
For a guy who doesn't have a lot of time, it's funny that you're letting a little icon rob you of a lot of time to post here. It's just an icon.
John23 wrote:Therefore, despite a relatively small active area of the Adblock Plus userbase seemingly approving the new icon. The majority seem to disagree, and seem to be calling for the old one's return?
I disagree. No matter how satisfied the majority of a userbase may be, the voices of the detractors are amplified. People who like the new icon or are indifferent to the change will likely not come here to state their opinions. Only those who don't really don't like it will come here and complain.

Thanks for your input. Your feedback is appreciated. You've already been offered a practical solution via UserChrome.css/Stylish.
What, me worry?
rick752

Post by rick752 »

I remember not too long ago when everyone was complaining about the cockroach ... :roll:
SlimShady

Post by SlimShady »

I believe we need ABP skins to keep everybody happy.
MonztA
ABP Developer

Post by MonztA »

I will never understand why ppl care so much about a goddamn icon...
IceDogg

Post by IceDogg »

rick752 wrote:I remember not too long ago when everyone was complaining about the cockroach ... :roll:
I was thinking the exact same thing. I did mention I didn't care for them (the Cockroach) but only for feedback as I used the methods mentioned here and Peng's style (I think it was Peng's) to change them myself back then.
Wladimir Palant

Post by Wladimir Palant »

@MonztA: Please watch your language.
Peng

Post by Peng »

SlimShady wrote:I believe we need ABP skins to keep everybody happy.
Augh! No! It's just a few icons for an extension. You only ever see two at one time! The styles are good enough.
IceDogg wrote:... Peng's style (I think it was Peng's) ...
It was. I've had a cockroach icon style for months. But Wladimir's is better. It covers more different things, like the customize dialog.
Matt Nordhoff
MonztA
ABP Developer

Post by MonztA »

Wladimir Palant wrote:@MonztA: Please watch your language.
Sorry Wladimir. I like the new Icon but I don't know why they care so much about it. Never mind.
Henderson

The icon

Post by Henderson »

I miss the roach too :(... bring him back. I haven't upgraded ABP on my other 2 comps because I'll lose the bug.

As someone else said, the bug with the circle and line through it is more descriptive of what the product does. How can you beat that?
MonztA
ABP Developer

Re: The icon

Post by MonztA »

Henderson wrote:I miss the roach too :(... bring him back. I haven't upgraded ABP on my other 2 comps because I'll lose the bug.
You won't loose it if you do this: http://userstyles.org/style/show/1196
Wladimir Palant

Post by Wladimir Palant »

Josef Sábl changed the icons slightly to make them fit better with the new Firefox 2 scheme. Please check out http://userstyles.org/style/show/1372 and tell me what you think. Note that the toolbar icon will be placed at the end of the navigation toolbar (after the search field) by default starting with Adblock Plus 0.7.2.3, not next to the navigation buttons any more.
noname

Post by noname »

The "B" in the small icons is blurred, thus it is a bit difficult to read.
Peng

Post by Peng »

Wladimir Palant wrote:Josef Sábl changed the icons slightly to make them fit better with the new Firefox 2 scheme. Please check out http://userstyles.org/style/show/1372 and tell me what you think.
I think those icons are just too dark. I don't like them.

I also don't think they fit very well with the Firefox 2 theme. They aren't shiny.

(I set the contrast on my monitor very low, but still. The old ones don't look dark.)
Matt Nordhoff
IceDogg

Post by IceDogg »

No offense to anyone. But I don't care much for those either. They look blurry to me. But I can live with what ever everyone wants.
MonztA
ABP Developer

Post by MonztA »

The "shiny" style would fit better imo, but the letters are blurry.