[Invalid] BURNED ALL MY EXCESS DATA IN LESS THAN 3 HOURS

Everything about using the stand-alone Adblock Plus app on Android
daktah

[Invalid] BURNED ALL MY EXCESS DATA IN LESS THAN 3 HOURS

Post by daktah »

ADBLOCK DECIDED TO BURN OVER 1.4GB OF DATA IN THE BACKGROUND IN LESS THAN 3 HOURS AND HAS NOW COST ME AN UNNECESSARY $15 FOR OVERAGES!
LAST TIME I CHECKED THIS WAS A FREE APP AND NOW IT'S COST ME MORE THAN ONE OF THE MOST EXPENSIVE GAMES I'VE EVER BOUGHT ON THE PLAY STORE!
IF YOU'RE GOING TO USE THIS APP YOU'D BETTER HAVE UNLIMITED DATA OR DEEP POCKETS!
mapx

Re: BURNED ALL MY EXCESS DATA IN LESS THAN 3 HOURS!!!!!

Post by mapx »

read carefully ...

"Why does Adblock Plus appear to consume so much traffic?

To filter ads, all traffic has to pass through Adblock Plus. Android considers this to be the traffic caused by the app, while it is in reality the sum of all traffic."

en/android-faq#traffic
FatTony66

Re: [Invalid] BURNED ALL MY EXCESS DATA IN LESS THAN 3 HOURS

Post by FatTony66 »

I know that this is a free up and boo hoo, 6gb down the drain. I will survive it but the fact remains that Adblock up is not closing connections and they continue to load in the background. It has happened to me while using Netflix and Media players playing specific file from an URL like through XBMC.

There is a serious problem that should be addressed. Number of people using this app are being affected. I have been streaming Netflix, Amazon Prime etc. on my phone for years and this is the first time this happened.

Yes it is a sum of traffic of all applications since they all are passing through Adblock and Netflix probably things I'm insane since I have played the same video 20 times in last couple days only because my application likes to watch something while I'm not there.
Why not...