video problems

Posting here is no longer possible, please use the forum of a filter list project, such as EasyList
Jett

Re: video problems

Post by Jett »

Hi,

I was asked in this thread related to an element hiding exception rule issue to post a problematic link here, to show that the EasyList update on the "flowplayer" from a few days ago didn't work, at least for some case scenarios.

Here's the link as taken from this thread:

http://videofun.me/embed/47d450233efceb ... 583a2674f4

I tried both of these filters, none worked:

Code: Select all

videofun.me#@#.textad
~videofun.me##.textad
Note that completely disabling ##.textad does work, as has been said earlier, so I tried to exception it out only on videofun.me. Since it didn't work, I bumped the element hiding exception thread, thinking ABP could somehow be erroneously ignoring my filters.
Jett

Post by Jett »

Note that I of course disabled ##.textad from EasyList before testing these custom filters.

So what happens is:
- Disable ##.textad from EasyList
- Video works and fullscreen works as well !
- I create one of the custom filters from my previous post
- Video's back to being obscured and full screen is denied, even though my filter presumably asked videofun.me not to be affected by this element hiding request.

So either I got the filters incorrectly, or there's a bug. Nuh ?
Jett

Post by Jett »

Hi again,

videofun.me,vidzur.com##div[style="position: absolute; width: 100%; min-height: 90px; left: 0%; bottom: 30px; background-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); padding: 0px; z-index: 999;"]
*cough cough* Sorry to be a bother but... I see that you guys added a new filter that hides the anti-adblock message. Thanks for that. But it does not restore full screen capability.

Full screen capability is disabled when an adblocker is detected.

The detection flag is used for both displaying the anti-adblock message AND forbidding full screen.
The flag is set to true when .textad is either hidden or inexistent.

Isn't there a way to fix this, since ABP somehow doesn't seem to want to allow exceptions to ##.textad ? :)
If it's an ABP bug, should I report it here ?
fanboy

Post by fanboy »

yeah its an issue with the site

<script type="text/javascript"> 
    $(function() {
      $f("flowplayer", {src:         "/flowplayer/flowplayer.commercial-3.2.7.1.swf", 
                        wmode:       'opaque', allowfullscreen:adblock_detected?'false':'true'}, 
                       {canvas:      {backgroundColor: 'transparent', backgroundGradient: 'none'},
                        showErrors:  false, 
                        onError:     function(errorCode) { if(errorCode == 303) $f().play(1); },
                        onLoad: function() {
                           $f().ads({
                              width: 300,
                              height: 250,
                              url: 'http://www.gogoanime.com/ads/video44.html',
							  load_on_start: false,
                              adblock_msg: '<br/><p><font size="2">Please dont use A.d.block, its very expensive to maintain video hosting. Thank you!</font></p><br/>'
                           });
                        },
Jett

Post by Jett »

Right, that's what I was referring to :)

adblock_detected is set to true based on the following:

$(document).ready(function() {
    $("body").append("<div class='ad ads textad' style='position: absolute; top:-10px; left: -10px;width:5px;height: 5px;'></div>");
    var $ad = $(".textad");
    adblock_detected = ($ad.length==0 || $ad.is(":hidden") );
});
If that div is allowed to be created and is not hidden, adblock_detected is set to false, and then full screen works. Disabling ##.textad does just that, but that filter is useful so an exception for videofun.me would be best I suppose. (Except it won't work with the filters I used, and I genuinely don't understand why this is not a bug :) I'm not arguing or insisting, but curious ;) )

Either way there seems to be a problem since you haven't solved the full screen issue yet. Could you please share the reasoning ?

Anyway thanks for the work you guys do, those lists are incredibly useful :)
fanboy

Post by fanboy »

Even disabling the element failed for me getting into full screen.
Jett

Post by Jett »

Oh. Yeah if you can't reproduce, can't fix it.

Well it does work for me on the tested URL (i.e. that one) using:
- Default Firefox 22 profile
- Default ABP 2.2.4 installation
- Up to date EasyList with ##.textad disabled
- Flash 11.8 as the only plugin enabled.

The moment you see the following filter activated in the blockable items pane, you know full screen won't work:

videofun.me,vidzur.com##div[style="position: absolute; width: 100%; min-height: 90px; left: 0%; bottom: 30px; background-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); padding: 0px; z-index: 999;"]
That's because the DIV that is being blocked is only created when adblock_detected is set to true. So if the filter shows up it means it's too late.
Jett

Post by Jett »

Even disabling the element failed for me getting into full screen.
Wait, did you mean ELEMENT ? Or filter. Because the element related to .textad MUST be allowed to pass by ABP for fullscreen to work. :)

If you meant filter then, uh, maybe test again with default config as listed above, or maybe another list maintainer can replicate. If not it's okay, I'll just disable ##.textad filter whenever there's a video I want to watch on that site :)
DunDun

Post by DunDun »

how can i get videofun to get into full screen?? need help please.
lazyboy

Post by lazyboy »

my solution was stupid but works

downloaded easylist.txt, deleted ##.textad and added list into filter lists in adblock

whenever i want fullscreen video i switch active list
Alia

Post by Alia »

Ok, I've been reading everything and I must be the stupidest man on earth.

I cannot do full screen on many videos (including randomly some YouTube video)
I don't get any error messages but it goes "full screen" with 40% showing the video (in the left hand corner) and the rest is black. The player functions (play, pause, full screen) right below the image won't work. They are actually where they should be on a full screen.

Here's the link (I took a print screen but I have no idea how I can insert it in my thread))

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/bouncers/4od

I followed the tip with ##.textad but cannot find it (I downloaded easylist)
I go on the AdBlock button and select Show The Resource List but I cannot see anything like ##.textad.
CTRL SHIFT V does not do anything for me so I might be at the wrong place.

Does anyone have any idea of what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Alex
j0eg0d

Post by j0eg0d »

Just drop the "DIV"

A script creates a random " ... style=" and inputs itself into the html of the page ...

like so ...
:(

<aowd9tnc8bs style="position: absolute; width: 100%; min-height: 90px; left: 0%;… background-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); padding: 0px; z-index: 999;"></aowd9tnc8bs>
This is what works for me:
:D

videofun.me##[style="position: absolute; width: 100%; min-height: 90px; left: 0%; bottom: 40px; background-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); padding: 0px; z-index: 999;"]
I use Adblock though and create my own filters.
decembre

Post by decembre »

Seems there is a problem with Flickr for video.

The video won't load with this filter :
||geo.query.yahoo.com^

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rigmorb/10 ... f-rafawar/
MonztA
ABP Developer

Post by MonztA »

decembre

Post by decembre »

Thanks , that's good for Easy List , but it's the same for Easy privacy...
It's not a problem to delete this filter ||geo.query.yahoo.com^ ?