Multiple proxy sttings

Everything about using the stand-alone Adblock Plus app on Android
joeshmo1982

Multiple proxy sttings

Post by joeshmo1982 »

I'm on an unrooted Nexus 7 and have been using ABP (localhos, port 2020). I recently started running Tor (Orbot) traffic through the android's wifi proxy setting. My question is, is there a way to run both ABP and Tor? As far as I can tell, there's only one option for a single proxyhost. I need two. I'm not opposed to installing any extra apps to help me accomplish this. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post. First time.
abakus

Re: Multiple proxy sttings

Post by abakus »

Hey,

yeah thats a problem, on android you can only use one proxy, so you must decide between Tor and adblockplus.

Greetz,
abakus
johnw

Post by johnw »

Tor can setup with proxy, read the tor's document.
Im sure it can work with proxy.
Browser→tor→adblockplus proxy→tor network→website.
markTwain

Post by markTwain »

What does the last answer mean, in terms everybody can understand?

I have ADP on Firefox for Android, with Nexus 7 (2013).
I know I downloaded ADP immediately after downloading a browser (Firefox), when I bought it in late 2013.
I just went on Chrome - where I know I've also downloaded it - and now I see that I must configure to localhost and port 8118.

I use Orbot and DuckDuckGo with Firefox.
Only when I have problems with either DDG or FF (I assume browser the more likely culprit), I then go to Chrome where I can always access websites.

So, can I use both proxy settings?
Isn't Orbot port 9050?

Thank you.
markTwain

Post by markTwain »

You usually answer every question, but not now - and this is problematic.

On Nexus 7, not rooted, I use Orweb. I also use ADP. Occasionally, I get an error telling me ADP is waiting for port 2020 to open.
Most of the time, I get a message telling me that ADP is blocking ads.
Between ADP and Orbot, I would choose another browser, but the inconsistency is very strange.
Please provide a definitive answer as to IF you can use multiple proxies and if yes, as instructed by each app or is there a better way?

Thank you.