Safari

Various discussions related to Adblock Plus development
None

Re: Safari

Post by None »

AdBlock has stopped blocking the YouTube commercials for me a few months ago. Should I wait until there is an update to AdBlock or just wait until AdBlock Plus is available? I've heard rumors that YouTube has paid you guys to whitelist their ads.
mapx

Post by mapx »

adblock is not the same with adblock plus. This forum is dedicated to ABP

rumors ?
take a look (list of acceptable ads which you can disable) :
https://easylist-downloads.adblockplus. ... nrules.txt
None

Post by None »

Okay, thanks for the info. So will Adblock Plus ever be released for Safari?
greiner
ABP Developer

Post by greiner »

None wrote:Okay, thanks for the info. So will Adblock Plus ever be released for Safari?
Yes, we have already started on a Safari version a few weeks ago. However, I don't have any information on when it's going to be ready to be released to the public so stay tuned.
Archangel

Post by Archangel »

Safari is coming, yes? So how do we stay tuned? I need this desperately. Can we have a forum for Safari exiles?
greiner
ABP Developer

Post by greiner »

You can follow our official release blog or any of our social media channels where we will let you know as soon as it's available. :)

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/adblockplus
Twitter: https://twitter.com/adblockplus
Google+: https://google.com/+AdblockPlus

Post by Guest »

greiner wrote:We have started working on the Safari port very recently. The finished extension should have the same functionality as our Chrome and Opera versions. However, we don't have an estimated release date yet.
Any updates on Adblock+ for Safari? Will it be compatible with Safari 7 on OS X Mavericks?
greiner
ABP Developer

Post by greiner »

Guest wrote:Any updates on Adblock+ for Safari? Will it be compatible with Safari 7 on OS X Mavericks?
We're only a few weeks away from releasing a first beta version. I'm not working on that port so I don't know whether there are any issues with Mavericks but we definitely want our Safari version to work on it.
teetertotter

Post by teetertotter »

I had Mountain Lion OS on my Mac Book Pro and two days ago, I received notice from Apple that new Maverick OS upgrade was available for FREE download. After taking 40 minutes to download the new software, Adblock was added to their tools if you chose to install. That is how I found out about Adblock. I installed and WA-LA. I now have no more annoying ads relating to Safari/att.my yahoo when visiting other forums. Also, no more ads bouncing around when accessing att yahoo e-mails that drive you crazy. I have made NO option adjustments as only have been on the internet a few hours surfing. I like what I see so far. Donation will be forth coming. A year ago, I installed Firefox, for improved speed, and after a couple weeks, I uninstalled and went back to Safari. With new Maverick OS, better internet speed was obtained too. Thank you Adblock!

Added: I do not have Chrome installed and never will.
Last edited by teetertotter on Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mapx

Post by mapx »

adblock plus for safari is not yet available, probably you are talking about another adblock :)
pinguinxy

Post by pinguinxy »

Hey Adblock Plus-Team,
That sounds awesome that you are working on a version of your fabulous extension for Safari. Is there away we could help speeding up? Beta-testing?
greiner
ABP Developer

Post by greiner »

pinguinxy wrote:Is there away we could help speeding up? Beta-testing?
We're going to release a first development build within the next two weeks. As soon as that's out you can help us test it before we release it to a broader audience.
kode54

Post by kode54 »

I wouldn't mind playing guinea pig for a test release. I'm a tad disappointed to find that The Other AdBlock will never be able to block YouTube ads. It sort of gives me donor's remorse, even if I did sort of feel good helping pay for the developer's groceries. It did put a dent in my budget this month, though.
mapx

Post by mapx »

greiner
ABP Developer

Post by greiner »

For everyone waiting: Unfortunately, we have to delay the release due to some remaining issues with Safari (the YouTube issue being one of that). Sorry for that but we want to make it as bug-free as possible before starting to actively promote it.