OKCupid ad

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
hms1160

OKCupid ad

Post by hms1160 »

OKCupid is back at it again, with these nifty little messages that are pretty much trying to coerce users into becoming a paid member. Sounds like a form of embezzling to me.

MonztA
ABP Developer

Re: OKCupid ad

Post by MonztA »

Try these filters:

Code: Select all

okcupid.com###guilty_ads_box + script + script + div[style]
okcupid.com###page > div[style] > div[id]:first-child:last-child > div[style]:first-child:last-child > div[style]:first-child:last-child
hms1160

Post by hms1160 »

MonztA wrote:Try these filters:

okcupid.com###guilty_ads_box + script + script + div[style]
okcupid.com###page > div[style] > div[id]:first-child:last-child > div[style]:first-child:last-child > div[style]:first-child:last-child
It worked! Thanks a bunch! :)
Mkhoul

Post by Mkhoul »

Thax It always work as of July 2013 :twisted:
okcupid

Post by okcupid »

It seems they've gotten around this, but to fix it again use:

okcupid.com##div[style="width: 184px; float: left; margin-top: 260px; overflow: hidden;"]
hms1160

Post by hms1160 »

OKCupid is back at it again. I can block the image one, but I can't block the all text banner.
hms1160

Post by hms1160 »

Bumping the thread as there has been no reply to my previous post of OKCupid finding another way to circumvent Ad Blocker. And yes, I have tried the codes listed above. That's why I made a new post because OKCupid circumvented those.
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

We just aren't that driven to find ever-more-ingenious ways to hide unobtrusive self-promotion; with that said, here's a blocking rule that might work for one of the pleas to disable your ad-blocker (I haven't gotten the other one to show up yet): ||okccdn.com/media/img/template/image.png$image,domain=okcupid.com

Also, learn the definition of "embezzling" (taking money entrusted to one's care for personal use, something that giving OKCupid money to turn ads off does not involve) and the difference between "coerce" and "persuade" :roll:
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
Taigitsune

Post by Taigitsune »

okcupid.com##DIV[style^="width: 184px; float: left; margin-top: "][style$="px; overflow: hidden;"] *