Adblock Plus 0.7.1.1 available, but cannot install

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
Caine

Adblock Plus 0.7.1.1 available, but cannot install

Post by Caine »

My extensions are telling me there is a new version, so I uninstalled my current version (just to be sure there's no interference, and a nice clean install). I looked for the new version and found it at Mozilla Add-ons, but the install gives the following error message:
invalid file hash possible download corruption
Can someone help me please? Am I doing something wrong, or do I just wait till the installer is fixed?

Or perhaps someone could explain where to manually install the xpi file?
Caine

Post by Caine »

It's OK, I went to the installation link in the first post in this thread, and I downloaded the xpi file to my desktop. I also discovered that the xpi can simply be installed by click and dragging it directly into the extensions window in Firefox.

All is well now! :)
Wladimir Palant

Post by Wladimir Palant »

That's some issue on Addons.Mozilla.Org, their database has a wrong hash. I'll check whether they are aware of this...
Caine

Post by Caine »

Thanks! You'd know better than I who best to contact in these situations. :)
Wladimir Palant

I did - in bug 345505. Unfortunately AMO is incredibly shorthanded, with Mike Shaver on vacation Michael Morgan is the only one who can fix something, and there are lots and lots of things to fix.
Bembe

0.7.1.2. won't work with FF on Mac

Post by Bembe »

I still have the same problem with v.0.7.1.2. on Macintosh with FF 1.5.0.6. It is working on PC but on Mac it won't install nor through Addons.Mozilla nor through download from adblockplus.org.
Can somebody help?
Thanks
Wladimir Palant

Actually, I installed it on a Mac from AMO already and it worked... Try clearing your cache, maybe there is something wrong there.
Guest Christy

Post by Guest Christy »

I'm getting this same message:
Firefox could not install the file at:

http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla ... +zm+tb.xpi

because: Invalid file hash (possible download corruption)
I'm using Windows XP SP 2 and Firefox 1.5.0.8. For me, too, I get that message, and then the extensions list tells me that AdBlock Plus will be installed the next time I restart Firefox. Does anyone know of any progress that's been made? Or another place I can download from?
rick752

Post by rick752 »

Try downloading it right here on this site:

http://adblockplus.org/en/installation
Guest Christy

Post by Guest Christy »

I still got the same message there. I also got that message when I tried to download the original AdBlock, and when I tried downloading older versions of both AdBlock and AdBlock Plus. Each time, I have cleared my cache before trying to download, just in case.
Wladimir Palant

That's weird, my site doesn't even give a hash the browser could check against. Maybe it is one of your other extensions misbehaving? Could you try installing with a clean profile (http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_Manag ... ew_profile)?
Guest Christy

Post by Guest Christy »

Thanks for the suggestion, WP. I found out that some extension (I don't even remember downloading) called Yahoo! Photos Easy Upload Tool is the apparent problem. I made a new profile, and downloaded AdBlock Plus without problems. So, I deleted it, downloaded my favorite extensions, and downloaded ABP again. Again, no problems. I worked my way through the rest of the extensions, deleting and redownloading ABP every few (I have about a dozen). I ran up against the problem when I search for this weird Yahoo! thing (I assumed I had downloaded it, and had done so for a reason), and couldn't find it in the database. Sure enough, ABP downloaded just fine on my default profile once I'd deleted it.
Wladimir Palant

This Yahoo extension is not on AMO, you have to log in into your Yahoo Photos account and go to "upload photos" to get it. I tried installing it in my test profile but I didn't see any issues like the ones you describe. I also didn't see anything "suspicious" in the extension's code. My guess is that uninstalling *any* extension would have solved your problem. Anyway, good that you could sort it out.