Adblock blocks my site

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
Ubart

Adblock blocks my site

Post by Ubart »

Hello

Your product is blocking all the graphics of my site www.ad-linea.org.
I assume this is because the name contains "ad-" but I think it is a rather blunt way of filtering.
Could you modify your software in order to make the user experience normal for my visitors ?
Thanks in advance
-bu
helping ghost

Post by helping ghost »

Adblock Plus does not block something on its own. It blocks everything what is defined in the filter rules. So modify your rules or contact the subscription author, if you are using one.

And the next time you should rather take another domain, not containing "ad" or similar, because some firewalls and proxies block these strings, too.
Wladimir Palant

Post by Wladimir Palant »

EasyList and Filterset.G are fine, so it must be some other subscription.
chewey

Post by chewey »

And you should fix your internal links:
http://www.ad-linea.org./index.php is not a valid URL according to RfC 1630, although it seems to work.

However, this seems to be a browser bug :-)
Wladimir Palant

Post by Wladimir Palant »

@chewey: The link here in the forum has the trailing dot, and the site only uses relative links. And as far as I remember the dot at the end of the host name is perfectly valid, even though it is usually omitted.
chewey

Post by chewey »

Wladimir Palant wrote:@chewey: The link here in the forum has the trailing dot, and the site only uses relative links.
Woops, OK, never mind *whistle*
I didn't realise that.
Wladimir Palant wrote:And as far as I remember the dot at the end of the host name is perfectly valid, even though it is usually omitted.
On second thought, you are right.
The BNF given is in RfC1630 is

Code: Select all

httpaddress    h t t p : / / hostport [  / path ] [ ? search ]
My conclusion came from the fact that "path" may contain ".", but is preceded by a mandatory "/".
However, I didn't check "hostport" thoroughly enough - it indeed seems to allow trailing "."s

I hate this recursive BNF stuff ;-)
sheepy

Post by sheepy »

That dot is supposed to be a fullstop I think, since I often produce something like that.

According to RFC 1630, the dot is valid syntax, however I'm not certain it's supposed to be there:

Code: Select all

hostport               host [ : port ]

host                   hostname | hostnumber
  port                   digits

hostname               ialpha [  .  hostname ]
  hostnumber             digits . digits . digits . digits
The syntax reads like trailing dot is invalid, however ialpha may end in a number of symbols, including dot, as long as it starts from a to z.

I think we need to look into another rfc if we want to know wether it is really a valid url (and not just correct-in-syntax).