Removing ABP for Android

Everything about using the stand-alone Adblock Plus app on Android
jsbollman

Removing ABP for Android

Post by jsbollman »

I need help. When removing the app I'm still stuck in a local proxy mode. How can I fix this? I plan to re-install later, but not right now. I can't do anything at this point because of it being in proxy mode...I never even set it up. I'm on an Asus Nexus 7.
MonztA
ABP Developer

Re: Removing ABP for Android

Post by MonztA »

Have you tried rebooting your device yet?
jsbollman

Post by jsbollman »

I have no idea why I didn't think of that. It's usually my default thing to do. Tis been a long day lol. Thanks. I feel rather stupid right now. :)
Andrey Novikov

Post by Andrey Novikov »

For further inquiries I will mention that it would be more correct and simpler to disable Adblock Plus service before uninstalling it.
greiner
ABP Developer

Post by greiner »

Andrey Novikov wrote:For further inquiries I will mention that it would be more correct and simpler to disable Adblock Plus service before uninstalling it.
But you can detect when it's being uninstalled, right? So why not switch the proxy back automatically?
Andrey Novikov

Post by Andrey Novikov »

No, I can't.
amarech

Post by amarech »

jsbollman wrote:I need help. When removing the app I'm still stuck in a local proxy mode. How can I fix this? I plan to re-install later, but not right now. I can't do anything at this point because of it being in proxy mode...I never even set it up. I'm on an Asus Nexus 7.
konstantin

Post by konstantin »

please add a version for android widget on / off
zxc_mx

Post by zxc_mx »

bump
abakus

Post by abakus »

Have you tried to turn of the local proxy?
octavio

Post by octavio »

jsbollman wrote:I need help. When removing the app I'm still stuck in a local proxy mode. How can I fix this? I plan to re-install later, but not right now. I can't do anything at this point because of it being in proxy mode...I never even set it up. I'm on an Asus Nexus 7.
dgIL

Post by dgIL »

In case you still need it, here is what you need to do revert back from local proxy:

1. In the list of available networks, tap and hold the network to which you are connected, until a menu shows.
2. Tap Modify Network.
3. Check the Advanced Settings, in case you don't see Proxy Settings.
4. Tap Proxy Settings, and change it from Manual to None.
5. Tap Save.
roben

Post by roben »

1. tap and hold on your wifi network. 2. choose "forget network". 3. reconnect to your network using existing password. after frustratingly unsuccessful attempts to find a fix, figured it out myself. using jellybean, btw
brazilian

Post by brazilian »

dgIL wrote:In case you still need it, here is what you need to do revert back from local proxy:

1. In the list of available networks, tap and hold the network to which you are connected, until a menu shows.
2. Tap Modify Network.
3. Check the Advanced Settings, in case you don't see Proxy Settings.
4. Tap Proxy Settings, and change it from Manual to None.
5. Tap Save.

tks man ......
Barefoot1957

Post by Barefoot1957 »

Can someone tell me how to remove the program completely, please? I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 8.1 and since I'm not willing to play with the settings, this needs to go away