Only enabled in a few sites

Posting here is no longer possible, please use the forum of a filter list project, such as EasyList
xkz

Only enabled in a few sites

Post by xkz »

Frist sorry for my english and my ignorance.
I'm noob in ABP and I don't know if it's possible to enable it ONLY in a few sites. I mean, for example, be only activated in Youtube but show ads in other sites like Grooveshark. I guess I'd like to make an "inverse exception" (deactivated in all sites except in some other)

Thank you so much for your time :)
Crits

Re: Only enabled in a few sites

Post by Crits »

Try to add the following custom filter:

Code: Select all

@@*$document,domain=~example1.com|~example2.com|~subdomain.example3.com
where ~example1.com, ~example2.com and ~subdomain.example3.com are the domains on which you want ABP activated.
Author of Liste FR, an ad-blocking subscription for French websites
xkz

Post by xkz »

Crits wrote:Try to add the following custom filter:

Code: Select all

@@*$document,domain=~example1.com|~example2.com|~subdomain.example3.com
where ~example1.com, ~example2.com and ~subdomain.example3.com are the domains on which you want ABP activated.
It works!! Thank you so much :)
I wanted to do that cuz, normally, I like to support sites I visit (except those with mass advertising).

Thanks again! ;)
Ajedi32

Post by Ajedi32 »

This isn't working for me. Any idea why? (I'm running a brand new installation of Adblock Plus with no modifications to the default settings other than the one you mentioned above.)
mcdado

Post by mcdado »

I would suggest simplifying the implementation of this behaviour:
I would like to simply install AdBlock Plus and know it won't kick in unless i click on it's icon or something like that,
which will create a filter for that website.

I would consider this approach "whitelist-all by default, block by choice" to have a more conservative usage pattern.
Ajedi32

Post by Ajedi32 »

mcdado wrote:I would suggest simplifying the implementation of this behaviour:
I would like to simply install AdBlock Plus and know it won't kick in unless i click on it's icon or something like that,
which will create a filter for that website.

I would consider this approach "whitelist-all by default, block by choice" to have a more conservative usage pattern.
Agreed. Aside from the fact that the solution posted above doesn't work for me at all, I find that the way I would prefer to use this extension isn't very well supported by the way it's currently implemented.

Right now, this extension seems to be meant to support a use case along the lines of "block all ads except for ads on specific websites you want to support". Whereas I'd prefer something more like "only block ads on websites that are spamming me with especially intrusive or obscene advertisements".