Safari

Various discussions related to Adblock Plus development

Re: Safari

Postby hieronymusdesign » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:32 pm

I am also really looking forward to this one for safari. You guys are doing a great job. A happy christmas and a very good 2014 to you.
hieronymusdesign

Postby vampyren » Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:27 pm

Hi,

One reason i'm still using firefox is this, adblock plus is just to great to give up so i really looking forward to this release, i will donate at least 10$ for this great add-on.
Firefox has sadly been a memory leaking beast and on my mac it keeps crashing once it has used up all my memory so i really want to switch to Safari.
Do you guys have an estimate even if not 100% accurate? like end of Januari ?
vampyren

Postby a_mccullough » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:04 am

For those of you who say that Safari just isn't worth the effort of development because of its smaller market share, keep in mind that Opera boasts only half as many users as Safari does (according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_web_browsers#Summary_table), despite the fact that it's available for both Windows and OSX.
a_mccullough

Postby cbarrick » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:50 am

Just throwing out a +1 for a Safari alpha public release. I'll keep my eyes on this thread until I hear more :shock:

I recently switched from Chrome to Safari after getting a Macbook for performance/system integration reasons, and I miss ABP so much. I remember how hard the switch from Firefox to Chrome was before ABP. Fortunately, I didn't have to wait long, and it seems that I won't have to wait long during this browser switch either.

I would say that most of us here on the forums would be willing to test any release that we can get our hands on, including unstable and broken code.

You guys are the bomb and ABP is the best web feature on any browser. Thank you guys very much for the hard work, and I hoped you had a wonderful holiday season. :D
cbarrick

Postby hieronymusdesign » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:39 am

Your not the only one using and loving safari. The development tools are nice. No need to install a firebug or anything. It is already in the latest safari.
hieronymusdesign

Postby greiner » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:53 pm

FENOL wrote:Where will the public beta be available? I'm really keen on trying it out on my safari

We will announce it either on our Development Builds blog or our Releases blog.
greiner
ABP Developer

Postby mapx » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:41 pm

mapx

Postby MonztA » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:29 pm

This topic can be closed now I guess. Please use the respective sub-forum now: viewforum.php?f=18
MonztA
ABP IT Officer

Previous

Return to Adblock Plus development