how to block images of recommended videos on YouTube

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
molotova

how to block images of recommended videos on YouTube

Post by molotova »

after watching video
As I already said in my previous post - I blocked it but after refurbishment of Firefox I've lost all the addons and filters of course too
mapx

Re: how to block images of recommended videos on YouTube

Post by mapx »

go to
http://youtube.adblockplus.me/en/

and add:
Block only suggestions
molotova

Post by molotova »

thanks, but I need to block them on endscreen. I've already send my suggestion on Facebook.
mapx

Post by mapx »

I'll put also here the filter indicated - by ABP team - on facebook (it's working only for firefox)

Code: Select all

||ytimg.com^*/endscreen.swf$object-subrequest,domain=youtube.com
molotova

Post by molotova »

thank you very much!
Brian

Post by Brian »

http://youtube.adblockplus.me/en/

Could we possibly get just an option for disabling everything just on the main page? This would include What to Watch, Best of YouTube, Channels for you, Recommended, and the video thumbs that show up above Recommended. None of these are related to each user.

But I want to keep all recommended videos shown on a video's page since they are mostly related to the video being watched.
vicente

Post by vicente »

i want to now how to block the image of only one recomended video in the lateral bar of recomended videos in youtube with adbplus in firefox . is this posible ? how can i block only one images in firefox with abd plus ? in crohme i can in firefo i not .
mapx

Post by mapx »

vicente wrote:i want to now how to block the image of only one recomended video in the lateral bar of recomended videos in youtube with adbplus in firefox . is this posible ? how can i block only one images in firefox with abd plus ? in crohme i can in firefo i not .
provide the YT page and indicate which one you want to block
vicente

Post by vicente »

is the home page of yt the principal page www.youtube.com i want to block the images of only some recomended videos . images that i dislike .
vicente

Post by vicente »

so ? i block a image ofa video in the home page of you tube. the principal page where are recomeneded videos with a image to see and a titel . i block pres the rigth boton of the mouse and chose the option block this element. then when i refresh te page, the home page of youtube. all the images of all the recomended videos was block . now i put to desblock adb in you tube . but. how can i block only one image of a recoemeded video and no all the images of the recomended videos ???. in google i can in fox i not. adb block to much and its not specific .
mapx

Post by mapx »

@vicente
you can not do what you do using right click blocking
it's a bug in ABP ==> https://issues.adblockplus.org/ticket/362

to find the correct filter, install element hiding filter
https://addons.mozilla.org/it/firefox/a ... idehelper/

click ABP icon, select an element to hide, choose the image you want to block / hide and you'll obtain the correct filter