Firefox would only load text

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
WestlakeCDN

Firefox would only load text

Post by WestlakeCDN »

This morning I fired up Firefox and it would load only the text from websites, no images, colours, or formatting. Menus appeared as vertical bullet lists of links, and often much of the page is missing. It worked fine lsat night, then this morning, nothing. One page, Nest.co, returns code, no text.

System: MacBook Pro OS X 10.9.2 Firefox 28.0

I:
  • Deleted and reinstalled Firefox
    toggled IPv6
    toggled DNS prefetching
    run a virus/malware scan - negative result
    toggles Javascript via about:config
I've checked the Mozilla support sites extensively and not found anything that helped, then I tired the forums at mozillazine.com http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p13491413, where it was suggested I try restarting in safe mode, When I did that, it worked, until i re-enabled Adblock Plus 2.5.1.

Any suggestions about how to get Adblock working again?
mapx

Re: Firefox would only load text

Post by mapx »

Did you check your custom filters ? ==> click ABP icon, filter preferences, "custom filters" tab (if any try to remove all of them)
What subscriptions are you using ?

If still hapens submit an issue report and post here the link of the report. See my signature for how-to submit the issue report.
WestlakeCDN

Post by WestlakeCDN »

I posted the issue report as requested but it was just closed without any feedback or a solution? I'm confused
mapx

Post by mapx »

I said: watch my signature ==>
en/getting_started#false-positives

then post here the report's link

and not open a new issue on the tracker