Pandora Radio Ads

Posting here is no longer possible, please use the forum of a filter list project, such as EasyList

Pandora Radio Ads

Post by Guest »

Hello,

So I listen to Pandora radio pretty regularly, and AdBlock has always done an awesome job at blocking all the ads that would be playing. However, just recently (past couple days), they started popping back up again. I've looked at the blockable items on the page, and I can't find anything that looks like an ad (although I'm not exactly very experienced looking for them). Right now I have the Fanboy and the EasyList filters (both are updated).

Is there anyone else who has run into this problem or who might have a possible solution? Thanks.
Guest2

Re: Pandora Radio Ads

Post by Guest2 »

You are not alone. Happily, I've never experienced ads on Pandora until today.
fanboy

Post by fanboy »

No issues here.. If you're using Easylist try manually adding this filter in the Adblock Plus Preferences:

Code: Select all

/radioAdEmbed.
||pandora.com/radio/util/mediaserverPublicRedirect.jsp
Does that help?
fanboy

Post by fanboy »

Added... :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Seems to work after much testing.

https://hg.fanboy.co.nz/rev/c7e42886a01f
MonztA
ABP Developer

Post by MonztA »

KateBB

Post by KateBB »

Seems to have worked! Many thanks.
JacobLeeThompson

Post by JacobLeeThompson »

I'm sorry but I have no idea how to add that; the only preferences I can find is the filter preferences and in there I don't know where I would add that line. Sorry for being dumb but I can't seem to figure it out.
Last edited by JacobLeeThompson on Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
fanboy

Post by fanboy »

Just force an update (right click on the subscription)
JacobLeeThompson

Post by JacobLeeThompson »

OH. I see. I thought I myself had to add the code line somewhere and I was sitting here flipping out because it seemed to be impossible. I forced the update a hundred times as it was the only thing I could even do. Hahaha... Thanks though.
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

If you do want to add a custom filter, you add a new filter-group under "custom filters" and then add the filters to that.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
Nick94928

Post by Nick94928 »

Great job guys! For anyone that does not know how to get to their extensions open the chrome browser and type "chrome://extensions" :wink:
Nick94928

Post by Nick94928 »

Nick94928 wrote:Great job guys! For anyone that does not know how to get to their extensions open the chrome browser and type "chrome://extensions" :wink:
BTW...great job guys!!! It is terrific to listen to Pandora commercial free :D