ABP not blocking underlined text ads anymore.

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
Henni

ABP not blocking underlined text ads anymore.

Post by Henni »

I have have had ABP on my computer for quite some time but lately these annoying underlined text ads are back. I even deleted the ABP I had on my computer and downloaded a new one but the problem is still there. My Internet Explorer is NOT showing the underlined text ads on the same chosen website. So what is wrong??
lewisje

Re: ABP not blocking underlined text ads anymore.

Post by lewisje »

It might be another extension that is making those underlined text-ads appear; what other extensions do you use?
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
mapx

Post by mapx »

or could be some malware

scan with:
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Antivirus/ ... ware.shtml
Henni

Post by Henni »

The underlined text ads show on nearly all websites now in Chrome and the text and underline is in red. Every time the mouse goes over that text an ad is popping up. This is only in Chrome and not in Internet Explorer. Wouldn't it show in IE as well if it was a malware?

I have NOT made any changes or even clicked on any of the ads. Also I have activated EasyList and deactivated "allow some harmless ads" but no changes.
mapx

Post by mapx »

post some sites here where you are seeing those underlined text ads
Henni

Post by Henni »

Thanks guys,

I googled for some recommendations and followed quite a few of them What exactly stopped (as it seems now) the irritating text enhancements, I don't know. Just seems to be solved for the moment.