Adblock froze Chrome after 100+ ads blocked on a site.

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
josy

Adblock froze Chrome after 100+ ads blocked on a site.

Post by josy »

Hi --

Yesterday, Chrome started freezing. I did note that on hulu.com, Adblock Premium ticked off over 100 ads within in the first minute on the site (it did not block the ads that are normally allowed through on Hulu). Soon after, Chrome froze, and I had to shut it through Task Manager. There were no extraneous extensions or apps, and complete virus scans with both McAfee and SuperAntiSpyware yielded nothing. No matter what site I went to after that, Chrome froze after just a couple of minutes. I switched to Internet Explorer, which has worked fine.

Today, on another computer, the same thing happened to Chrome, but this time, a notice popped up saying that AdBlock had crashed. I deleted it, and went onto AOL's website (stop laughing!). A huge AdChoice ad appeared immediately. I re-installed AdBlock Plus, which took care of that. For now, Chrome is working again.

Looks like something is lurking somewhere. Any ideas how to find it and kill it?

Thanks!! Josy
josy

Re: Adblock froze Chrome after 100+ ads blocked on a site.

Post by josy »

OK... I just realized that Adblock Premium comes from another company altogether. Pfff. Still... anyone have any ideas?