bidswitch.net - a candidate for adding to block list

Posting here is no longer possible, please use the forum of a filter list project, such as EasyList
BidSwitch

bidswitch.net - a candidate for adding to block list

Post by BidSwitch »

Hi all,

I'm writing on behalf of the ad trading solution called BidSwitch. We are acting as a sort of exchange enabling trading between ad publishers and advertisers in RTB trading. The project itself doesn't show ads, however the domain *.bidswitch.net is used while delivering ads by over 50 supply platforms and over 50 demand platforms, including large ones, e.g. Google AdX and small ones. The number of RTB platforms connected to BidSwitch is growing steadily.
Being in the middle of online ad trading we suggest that the domain *.bidswitch.net is added to the block list, EasyList or any other suitable one.

More info about BidSwitch can be found at http://www.iponweb.com/bidswitch/what-is-it/

Regards,
Egor Kozmenko
BidSwitch Project
MonztA
ABP Developer

Re: bidswitch.net - a candidate for adding to block list

Post by MonztA »

Do you have an example page that contains resources from bidswitch.net?
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

I guess he just wants all third-party content from bidswitch.net to be pre-emptively blocked in EasyList, because he knows that all that domain will be used for is advertising; I think the relevant filter would look like this:

Code: Select all

||bidswitch.net^$third-party
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
MonztA
ABP Developer

Post by MonztA »

Sure, still I'd like to have an actual example page for a commit message and future reference.
BidSwitch

Post by BidSwitch »

Hi,

The BidSwitch itself doesn't have inventory or ads, so there is no page where one can see 'BidSwitch ads'. BidSwitch forwards ad calls from SSPs to DSPs via HTTP 302, i.e. the publisher tag calls *.bidswitch.net and then the call is redirected to DSP ad serving domain.

Regards,
Egor
MonztA
ABP Developer

Post by MonztA »

Still, there must be a page where I can see some resources (not ads) from bidswitch.net. Otherwise there is no point in adding a filter into EasyList. Do you have an example page?