Recommended addition to filters: .tynt.com

Posting here is no longer possible, please use the forum of a filter list project, such as EasyList

Recommended addition to filters: .tynt.com

Postby metoo » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:20 pm

I recently ran across a site that, every time I highlighted some text and copied it to the clipboard, would cause the web browser to briefly make an AJAX-style web request. Of course, being a web developer myself, I get rather unnerved that someone is tracking what I do to that level so I fired up Firebug and discovered that it was contacting tynt.com. The site tynt.com tracks copying content from the website and then modifies the content before it goes on the clipboard. While not strictly ad-related, I don't enjoy something on a website with the capability to track and then alter what I copy to my clipboard chain on my computer. Too risky. I would like to see .tynt.com added to the regular AdBlock filter package.
metoo

Re: Recommended addition to filters: .tynt.com

Postby fanboy » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:49 am

Added .tynt.com/* to the tracking list on 2009-08-22
fanboy

Re: Recommended addition to filters: .tynt.com

Postby Alan » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:08 pm

metoo wrote:The site tynt.com tracks copying content from the website and then modifies the content before it goes on the clipboard. While not strictly ad-related, I don't enjoy something on a website with the capability to track and then alter what I copy to my clipboard chain on my computer. Too risky.

Yuck! I agree. It's blocked in the EasyPrivacy subscription. https://adblockplus.org/en/subscriptions
Alan

Return to Filters for Adblock Plus