[Duplicate] 'Disable this filter on ...' not working

Posting here is no longer possible, please use the corresponding product forum.
x

[Duplicate] 'Disable this filter on ...' not working

Post by x »

Disable this filter on example.com (for custom filters) not working in Private Browsing.
x

Re: 'Disable this filter on example.com' not working in Private

Post by x »

Adblock Plus 2.0.2, Firefox 9.0.1, Windows 7 64-bit.
x

Post by x »

In fact it does not work in regular browsing too...
vinny86

Post by vinny86 »

it works in regular browsing for me. same pc config as yours.
x

Post by x »

I opened a new profile and it doesn't work for me...
x

Post by x »

can someone check this out? opening new profile didn't help...
vinny86

Post by vinny86 »

Works for me. Can you provide more information please ? Other addons installed ?
Wladimir Palant

Post by Wladimir Palant »

Please explain what you mean by "does not work". If you still see that something isn't loading - maybe Adblock Plus isn't responsible for that. Does the Adblock Plus icon turn gray when you do this?

Post by Guest »

Wladimir Palant wrote:Please explain what you mean by "does not work". If you still see that something isn't loading - maybe Adblock Plus isn't responsible for that. Does the Adblock Plus icon turn gray when you do this?
no, it should not be gray...
I mean press CTRL+SHIFT+V and right-click on a custom filter that block something in the website, then click on 'Disable this filter on example.com' - nothing happens, reloading the page doesn't help: filter stays the same (it should be changed to FILTER$domain=~example.com).
Wladimir Palant

Re: [Incomplete] 'Disable this filter on ...' not working

Oh, I see now - but that issue was fixed in Adblock Plus 2.0.2. Are you sure you have that version?

As it works correctly for me, could you be more specific? What is the filter and which site are you trying to disable it on?
Wladimir Palant

Re: [Duplicate] 'Disable this filter on ...' not working

Never mind, that fix didn't make it into Adblock Plus 2.0.2, it is currently in the development builds and scheduled for Adblock Plus 2.0.3. The relevant forum topic is forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9118.
Savior

Post by Savior »

It doesn't work in 2.0.3 either. I disabled Adblock Plus on Kongregate (the icon is grey, and the Disabled on kongregate.com box is checked in the pull-down menu), yet no ads are shown on the site, and Kongregate keeps displaying these "Hey! Are you running an ad-blocker?" messages.
Wladimir Palant

It works fine. What you are describing is entirely unrelated, most likely caused by some different ad blocking software - please create a different forum topic to get help.
knight00931

Post by knight00931 »

Maybe I know what he encountered.

I can not find a good example so I use the angry birds game to explain.
https://apps.facebook.com/178222352279634/

My own step:
1. Add a filter "||facebook.com^$third-party"
2. Open this game page.
3. Then you'll see the situation like following image:

4. Right click on blocked items, choose "Disable filter on facebook.com" , ABP will modify that as ||facebook.com^$third-party,domain=~facebook.com (what a weird filter :wink: )
5. Reload this page, these frames are still blocked, why? Because they are called by angrybirds-facebook.appspot.com.

Setting facebook.com as exception domain doesn't make sense, these requests aren't called from such doamin.
You should set exception domain as "Document source" (angrybirds-facebook.appspot.com) , not current address (facebook.com) .

BTW, this forum says I am a spam when I save draft, and now I can not download easylist subscription...is my static IP banned again? (59.126.30.*)

updated:
I can update easylist as usual now, maybe something wrong with my ISP, again.
Last edited by knight00931 on Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
Wladimir Palant

I'm pretty sure that he didn't mean this issue, fixed now nevertheless: https://hg.adblockplus.org/adblockplus/rev/4591a2281413

Saving drafts doesn't work in this forum, this is a known issue.