[Invalid] AdBlock not working in Chrome with pinned tabs

Posting here is no longer possible, please use the corresponding product forum.
kevinp

[Invalid] AdBlock not working in Chrome with pinned tabs

Post by kevinp »

I've never seen this happen until I got the update to Chrome 17. When I start the browser, AdBlock no longer functions in my pinned tabs until I manually refresh them.

Here's a screenshot I took after starting the browser. Note the Centrify ad:

http://i.imgur.com/2mmA9.png

Here's the same page after refresh:

http://i.imgur.com/fBhpK.png

This is happening on 2 completely different machines, a Windows desktop and a MacBook. Both are running Chrome 17 stable.
Wladimir Palant

Re: AdBlock not working in Chrome pinned tabs on launch

Post by Wladimir Palant »

That isn't Adblock Plus in your screenshot but Adblock for Chrome. I just tested Adblock Plus with pinned tabs and there are no issues. As to Adblock for Chrome - it's an entirely different project and I cannot fix their bugs.
kevinp

Re: [Invalid] AdBlock not working in Chrome with pinned tabs

Post by kevinp »

Shortly after you replied, I uninstalled AdBlock for Chrome and switched to Adblock Plus. I'm having the same problem, although strangely it doesn't happen every time, but it did just now.

On launch, notice the Pheedo ads. This will persist throughout the Google Reader session (i.e., I will continue to see ads as I scroll down to view more items) unless I reload the page.

After reloading the page, the ads are gone.

EDIT: I'm running Adblock Plus (Beta) 1.2 on Chrome 18.0.1025.151 m (stable). OS is Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64. I also have issues with Adblock Plus in Chrome stable on a MacBook. On that machine I see large amounts of whitespace where the ads were blocked in Google Reader. Reloading the page doesn't help there.
kevinp

Re: [Invalid] AdBlock not working in Chrome with pinned tabs

Post by kevinp »

The previous screenshots were taken on a Windows PC, but I have similar problems with Adblock Plus on a MacBook.

Gmail is in a pinned tab. Here it is just after launching Chrome. Note the gray bar containing the words "Spam Vegetable Strudel." It's supposed to be blocked.

After reloading the page, it is gone.