Adblock Plus 2.8.2 for Firefox released · 13 days ago by Wladimir Palant
This is a maintenance release, most importantly introducing some improvements to CSS property filters.
- Made sure that element hiding rules don’t affect browser’s and extensions’ special pages, this regressed with Adblock Plus 2.8 (issue 4624, issue 4625).
- Fixed blockable items list slowing down page loading (issue 4587).
- Pop-ups using
data:URLs and similar unusual schemes can be blocked now (issue 4368).
- When selecting keyboard shortcuts, more shortcut keys already in use by the browser can be recognized. This will change the shortcut key to show Blockable items list from Ctrl/Cmd-Shift-V to Ctrl/Cmd-Shift-U for pretty much everybody (issue 4544).
Adblock Plus 2.8.1 for Firefox released · 38 days ago by Wladimir Palant
Our Adblock Plus 2.8 release introduced a regression that went unnoticed for months in the development builds. Users who activated the please_kill_startup_performance preference were experiencing data loss: filters didn’t load completely. Also, importing custom filters was failing for large files. Both issues have the same root cause (issue 4576) and have been resolved in Adblock Plus 2.8.1. If your data is still incomplete after updating to Adblock Plus 2.8.1 please click the “Backup and Restore” button in Filter Preferences — one of the automatically created backups is certain to be correct.
Adblock Plus 1.12.4 for Chrome, Opera and Safari released · 40 days ago by Dave Barker
- Stopped the “Block Element” dialog from suggesting filters based on huge URLs, since they often made Adblock Plus become unresponsive (issue 4330).
- WebSocket connections are now considered to be of type
$other(issue 4448). For more information see Wladimir’s blog post.
- Removed the features section from the first-run page (issue 4295, issue 4294).
- Fixed a bug relating to how the document domain is determined, especially after redirects (issue 4386).
- Added a workaround to fix
$sitekeywhitelisting for requests made directly after a redirection (issue 4483).
- Improved WebSocket blocking capabilities (issue 4372).
- Fixed YouTube ad blocking on Safari 6 (issue 4351).
Adblock Plus for Samsung Browser 1.0.4 released · 41 days ago by Mario König
- Fixed the “Blocker of unwanted content not available” error that kept appearing as a result of the latest Samsung Browser update (Issue 4463)
- Temporary cache files are now automatically cleaned, reducing app storage. (Issue 4485)
Element Hiding Helper 1.3.10 for Adblock Plus released · 41 days ago by Wladimir Palant
This release makes Element Hiding Helper compatible with the just released Adblock Plus 2.8 (issue 4536). In addition, it fixes the “View source in a separate window” command which broke in recent Firefox versions (issue 4398) and fixes the Element Hiding Helper button in Inspector panel which was no longer working in the Firefox nightly builds (issue 4533).
Adblock Plus 2.8 for Firefox released · 41 days ago by Wladimir Palant
This release changes the way element hiding works in Firefox, so that noticeable delays from changing a single element hiding rule should be no more. Also, the behavior should be more consistent now and filters not applying on a particular website should no longer be able to cause unexpected side-effects. On the downside, changes to element hiding rules will only apply after a page is reloaded now (which is actually consistent with blocking rules).
- There is a special
$websockettype option now to block WebSocket requests, the type was previously considered to be
- Our toolbar icon will look better on high-resolution screens (issue 4142).
- Removed feature selection from the first-run page until the features can be removed similarly easily (issue 4294).
- Hits for CSS property filters which were introduced in the previous release are being counted now (issue 3969).
- Fixed: CSS property filters applied even when Adblock Plus was disabled everywhere (issue 4201).
- Fixed: A regression in pop-up blocking functionality caused websites to be mistakenly considered pop-ups under some circumstances (issue 4335).
- Corrected handling of frames with
- Fixed and improved search functionality in Filter Preferences, was partially broken in Firefox nightly builds (issue 4510).
Adblock Browser 1.5.1 for iOS released · 56 days ago by Mario König
- Updated the core of Adblock Browser to Adblock Plus for Chrome/Opera/Safari 1.12.2 (Issue 4334)
- Fixed a bug which caused Adblock Browser to crash under specific circumstances on iOS 10 (Issue 4435)
- Fixed multiple bugs which caused occasional crashes (Issue 4436, Issue 4438, Issue 4440, Issue 4446)
- Added support for reCAPTCHA (Issue 4414)
Adblock Plus 1.12.3 for Safari released · 75 days ago by Dave Barker
Install Adblock Plus 1.12.3 for Safari (Safari 6 or higher required)
This is an emergency release, only for Safari, which fixes compatibility with Safari 10. Starting with Safari 10 Technical Preview Release 11, Apple made a change which broke Adblock Plus. Safari 10 was then released before our fix (issue 4150) could be released normally. As a result we are forced to perform this emergency release.
Builds for Chrome and Opera were generated as well. But since there were no changes compared to the previous release, we didn’t upload these to their respective web stores.
Event.initEvent()calls for compatibility with Safari 10 (issue 4150).
Adblock Browser 1.5.0 for iOS released · 84 days ago by Mario König
- Fixed multiple issues which caused instability or crashes (Issue 4216, Issue 4219, Issue 4220, Issue 4222, Issue 4238)
- Added autocompletion of URLs in the URL bar (Issue 4032)
- Added autocompletion of search terms in the URL bar (Issue 4033)
- Updated Adblock Plus to the most recent version (Issue 4095)
Adblock Plus 1.12.2 for Chrome, Opera and Safari released · 104 days ago by Dave Barker
This is a minor release, focused on stability and preventing circumvention.
- Prevent websites from abusing WebSockets to serve adverts (issue 1727).
- Improved Element Hiding protections against circumvention (issue 4191, 4298).
- Fixed a bug that caused content in anonymous frames to be blocked even when the parent frame was whitelisted (issue 4150).
- Worked around an issue with MutationObservers which caused older versions of Chrome and Opera to hang for some websites (issue 4101).
- Added more versions of our icons that look sharper with the new Material Design (issue 4218).
- Removed an outdated workaround that caused some whitelisted elements to be hidden in anonymous frames (issue 4210).
- Fixed a bug that caused the options page to be sometimes opened multiple times when the experimental Content Blocking feature was enabled (issue 4199).
- Improved the conversion from Adblock Plus filters to Content Blocking rules for the experimental Content Blocking feature, making sure to block/whitelist all subdomains for filters starting with
- Fixed a typo that broke key-based whitelisting (issue 4300).