Adblock Plus 1.4 for IE released · 24 hours ago by Oleksandr Paraska
We are updating Adblock Plus for IE with version 1.4.
Here is a list of all improvements since version 1.3.
New in this release is the addition of the installer for Active Directory installs, which we really hope network administrators would appreciate.
Also, this version is the first version that will perform queries for notifications like all other ABP versions.
Adblock Plus 1.8.11 for Chrome, Opera and Safari released · 3 days ago by Sebastian Noack
- Improved the icon and logo (issue 1535 and issue 1989).
- Fixed: Filters with internationalized domains didn’t match (issue 1801).
- Fixed: On the options page, input was submitted even if the wrong button was pressed (issue 1448).
- Fixed some issues with the “Block element” dialog.
- Fixed: Overlays were sometimes covered by other elements (issue 1857).
- Fixed: Matching elements weren’t highlighted sometimes (issue 1864).
- Fixed: Mouse events handled by the page could prevent the dialog from showing up (issue 1665).
- Fixed: Dialog wasn’t completely visible when selecting elements inside small frames (issue 350).
- Fixed several issues related to framesets (issue 1867, issue 1870 and issue 1082).
- Fixed issues caused by selecting SVG elements (issue 1856).
- Fixed: Images weren’t recognized when using image maps (issue 1868).
- Fixed a memory leak when routing messages across frames (issue 1840).
- Fixed: Icon and badge didn’t update for pre-rendered tabs (issue 1976).
- Fixed issue with third-party pages loaded in anonymous frames (issue 1977).
- Fixed: CSS selectors containing commas partially broke element hiding (issue 1802).
- Fixed: “Block element” dialog and highlighted elements were staying visible after the extension is unloaded (issue 1843).
- Fixed an issue that broke the user interface for some languages (issue 2008).
Adblock Plus 1.8.10 for Chrome, Opera and Safari released · 38 days ago by Sebastian Noack
- Fixed: “Block element” didn’t highlight some elements correctly (issue 1751 and issue 1755).
- Fixed: “Block element” didn’t work while the first run page was open (issue 1741).
- Worked around an issue that broke printing of spreadsheets on Google Docs (issue 1770).
- Adapted for a new API feature introduced in Chrome 41 and Opera 28, that allows to identify frames more efficiently and reliably (issue 1739).
- Fixed a potential memory leak in the messaging code (issue 1724).
Adblock Plus 2.6.7 for Firefox released · 44 days ago by Wladimir Palant
Note that this release removes the “Hide placeholders of blocked elements” option from the user interface. The underlying functionality is still available via a hidden preference, as explained in the original announcement.
- Removed ‘Hide placeholders of blocked elements’ option from the user interface (issue 1670).
- Fixed: First-run page broken in Firefox nightlies if E10S is enabled (issue 1663, issue 1706).
- Fixed first-run page layout for right-to-left languages (issue 1668).
- Fixed: “Adblock Warning Removal List” is being displayed as the selected list on Firefox Mobile (issue 1712).
- Fixed: “Disable on site” doesn’t always show up on Firefox Mobile (issue 1713).
Element Hiding Helper 1.3.1 released · 45 days ago by Wladimir Palant
- Made compatible with multiprocess Firefox (issue 1091).
- Fixed: Selection via mouse wheel broken (issue 227).
- Fixed: Horizontal scrollbar hides element type (issue 351).
- Fixed tree view in the assistant dialog (issue 447).
Adblock Plus 1.8.9 for Chrome, Opera and Safari released · 52 days ago by Sebastian Noack
- Worked around some circumvention attempts.
- Fixed: Extension pages didn’t respect direction of right-to-left languages (issue 1668).
- Fixed an issue when generating filters based on the style attribute (issue 1658).
- Fixed an issue where “Block element” from the context menu didn’t work or in an inferior way than from the popup (issue 1611).
- When blocking elements suggest filters based on all URLs associated with the element (issue 1601).
- Removed ‘Hide placeholders of blocked elements’ option from the user interface (issue 1671).
- Updated the extension description (issue 1643).
- Worked around a Chrome bug that caused placeholders for blocked elements to show up on some pages (issue 1703).
<input type=image>elements were not recognized as images (issue 1644).
- Fixed: Spanish (Spain) translations were used instead of Spanish (Latin America) (issue 1666).
- Fixed: Popup did not respond when multiple tabs were opened simultaneously (issue 1694).
Adblock Plus 1.3 for IE released · 74 days ago by Oleksandr Paraska
Since our last release for Internet Explorer we were very much focused on improving quality of ad blocking and hiding. Hence version 1.3 fixes a lot of issues where ABP for IE either incorrectly blocked a request, or falsely allowed the request through, when it shouldn’t have. We are quite happy with the result, and hope you’ll notice the improvement as well.
If you are interested in a bit more details, here is the list of changes that are included in Adblock Plus 1.3 for Internet Explorer
- General blocking improvements (issue 1265):
- Improved detection of mime types
- Added support for XMLHttpRequests
- Added support for requests from Flash
- Improved detection of a referrer of a request.
- Fix element hiding on some sites (issue 1148)
- Fix incorrect blocking of video content on some sites (issue 1231)
- Block video ads where they weren’t blocked before (issue 1500)
- Fix “Navigation canceled” messages if IFRAME is blocked (issue 1264)
- Fix version string in Add/Remove programs (issue 1222)
- Changes in the First Run Page (issue 1230, issue 1356)
Adblock Plus 1.8.8 for Chrome, Opera and Safari released · 87 days ago by Sebastian Noack
- Added validation of custom filters, preventing users from adding filters that break element hiding (issue 491).
- Fixed an issue where elements, which use a special URL and therefore aren’t blocked, are collapsed (issue 1613).
- Improved and fixed some issues with the “Block element” dialog.
- Consider the
styleattribute as last resort, if otherwise no filter can be generated for the given element (issue 700).
- Generate element hiding filters instead of request blocking filters for elements using special URLs which can’t be blocked (issue 705).
- Use vertical scrollbars instead of wrapping long filter texts (issue 731).
- Fixed an issue where popup state wasn’t reset after closing the dialog (issue 1122).
- Fixed an error which prevented dragging the dialog to another position (issue 1516).
- Fixed insufficient escaping of CSS selectors, which broke some generated element hiding filters (issue 1527 and 1587).
- Mitigated side-effects on pages that respond to events of selected elements (issue 1603).
- Fixed: Overlays are injected for hidden elements (issue 1606).
- Fixed wrong
z-indexof injected overlays (issue 1607).
- Fixed an error caused by generating only a request blocking filter for an
<object>element (issue 1609).
- Keep highlighting all selected elements until the dialog is closed (issue 1610).
- Fixed an issue where some elements weren’t removed immediately when the filter is saved (issue 1612).
- Consider the
- Adapted workaround for Chrome bug causing some issues with Flash videos, for Chrome 40, Opera 27 and above (issue 1593).
- Fixed: Options page isn’t opened correctly from an incognito window (issue 1268).
- Fixed: Blocked frames aren’t collapsed (issue 1592).
- Improved performance, by caching translations (issue 1502).
Adblock Plus 2.6.6 for Firefox released · 108 days ago by Wladimir Palant
There is only one change, Adblock Plus will use a slightly different approach to read files from disk (issue 1510). The reason is a change that Mozilla made for Firefox and that broke Adblock Plus completely in the Firefox nightly builds.
Adblock Plus 1.8.7 for Chrome and Opera released · 122 days ago by Sebastian Noack
This release only fixes an issue breaking Flash videos on Chrome 39 and Opera 26 (issue 1496). We initially addressed that issue only for Chrome 38 and Opera 25, assuming that Google fixes the Chrome bug that is causing this issue, before Chrome 39 is released. However, they didn’t yet, and it is rather unlikely that they will still fix it for Chrome 39, which is in beta now.
Note: We also released Adblock Plus 1.8.7 for Safari but there are no changes there compared to Adblock Plus 1.8.6.