Adblock Plus 3.10 for Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Opera · 7 days ago by Thomas Greiner
This release includes various improvements to the “Block element” feature, adds ad blocking support for more languages and restricts the ability to subscribe to filter lists to some trusted websites. It also drops support for some old browser versions, namely Chromium 59 and Firefox 51.
User interface changes
- Redesigned “Block element” dialog and added ability to preview blocked elements (ui#638, ui#761).
- Open a web-based version of the first-run page upon installation (ui#833).
- Updated design of buttons in icon popup (ui#472).
- Updated design of rating button in settings page (ui#706).
- Added donation button to settings page and first-run page (ui#769, ui#818).
- Removed Weibo link from settings page (ui#670).
- Allow Chinese users to share number of blocked items on Weibo (ui#642).
- Fixed: Cannot add new filter list by pressing Enter key (ui#548).
- Fixed: Hide counters in icon popup when for non-web pages (ui#810).
- Fixed: Hide “Block element” button in icon popup for web pages in allowlist (ui#806).
- Fixed: Settings page layout broke when displaying lengthy language names (ui#793).
- Snippet changes
- Restricted subscribe links to trusted websites (webext#87, webext#263).
- Recommend Dandelion Sprout’s Nordic Filters filter list for Nordic languages (core#233, ui#841).
- Recommend IndianList filter list for some additional languages (core#245, ui#841).
- Fixed: Preinstalled incorrect language filter list if no suitable one was found (webext#271).
- Check for data corruption upon initialization (ui#830, webext#201).
- Fixed: Don’t show notifications to user in case of data corruption (ui#829, core#247, webext#244).
- Fixed: Avoid interfering with web browsing when opening a new tab (ui#831, webext#260).
- Dropped support for Chromium 59 and below (webext#266).
This includes Chrome 59 and Opera 46.
- Fixed: Tabs opened by user were treated as popups (webext#272).
- Dropped support for Firefox 51 (webext#143).
- Fixed: Scrolling through custom filters was slow (ui#487).
- Fixed: Firefox freezes when using element hiding debug mode (core#220, webext#209).
- Fixed: Frames are not being collapsed (webext#90).
- Fixed: Cannot close “Block element” dialog (ui#791).
Adblock Browser 2.4.0 for Android released · 62 days ago by Jasmine Chee
- Added feature to block requests from domains
- Introduced changelogs in the New Tab page
- Updated feedback form
- Fixed crashes on pages where “find my location” is enabled
Adblock Plus 3.9.5 for Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Opera · 76 days ago by Thomas Greiner
hide-if-matches-xpathsnippet to be able to hide more elements (core#240).
- Fixed: Error message shown in browser’s developer tools when using Block element feature (webext#230).
- Fixed: Link-based popup blocking stopped working in Firefox 79 (webext#237).
Adblock Plus 3.9.4 for Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Opera · 109 days ago by Thomas Greiner
This release adds a new snippet and fixes some regressions related to snippets.
- Fixed: Snippet filters were missing from issue reports (ui#815).
- Fixed: Snippets only ran in top-level frame (webext#234).
Adblock Plus 3.9.3 for Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Opera · 125 days ago by Thomas Greiner
This release updates the
hide-if-labelled-by snippet to also consider
aria-label attributes (core#234).
Adblock Browser 2.3.0 for Android released · 125 days ago by Jasmine Chee
- Updated to Chromium 80
- Added a preloaded filter list to improve ad blocking user experience
- Added instructions guide to set Adblock Browser as default
- Fixed crashes caused by pause ad blocking animation
- Fixed crashes on launch affecting Huawei MediaPad devices with Android 8
- Fixed bugs causing app freezes
- Fixed bugs for ad blocking not working
Adblock Plus 3.9.2 for Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Opera · 126 days ago by Thomas Greiner
This release makes the
hide-if-labelled-by snippet more resilient (core#228).
Adblock Plus 3.9.1 for Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Opera · 133 days ago by Thomas Greiner
This release fixes an issue that caused Adblock Plus to block page loads for users that have certain non-recommended filter lists installed (core#230).
Adblock Plus 3.9 for Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Opera · 147 days ago by Thomas Greiner
This release improves on existing features that help inform users about new changes to the extension and about problems it detects. It also includes various improvements for filter authors.
User interface changes
- New updates page informing users about latest changes via a notification in the popup (ui#562).
- New data corruption page informing users about data corruption via a notification in the popup instead of opening the first-run page (ui#589).
- New notification icon design (ui#162, ui#594).
- Added ability to share number of blocked ads on social media (ui#485).
- Improved design of confirmation dialog that is shown when clicking on a link to add a filter list (ui#595).
- Reverted font optimizations that were released in Adblock Plus 3.7 (ui#565).
- Snippet changes
- Added element hiding debug mode (core#170, webext#172).
Note: For now, this mode can only be enabled via the browser console (see instructions).
- Long filters in developer tools panel are now displayed in a tooltip (ui#301).
- Fixed: Blocked counter regularly resets itself for pinned tabs (webext#190).
- Fixed: Black border was shown around icon popup (ui#731).
Adblock Plus 3.8.4 for Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Opera · 235 days ago by Hubert Figuière
This release improves the snippet
hide-if-contains-visible-text to also handle pseudo elements when looking for the text content (core#172).