Adblock Plus 3.9.3 for Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Opera · 14 days ago by Thomas Greiner
This release updates the
hide-if-labelled-by snippet to also consider
aria-label attributes (core#234).
Adblock Browser 2.3.0 for Android released · 14 days ago by Jasmine Chee
- Updated to Chromium 80
- Added a preloaded filter list to improve ad blocking user experience
- Added instructions guide to set Adblock Browser as default
- Fixed crashes caused by pause ad blocking animation
- Fixed crashes on launch affecting Huawei MediaPad devices with Android 8
- Fixed bugs causing app freezes
- Fixed bugs for ad blocking not working
Adblock Plus 3.9.2 for Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Opera · 15 days ago by Thomas Greiner
This release makes the
hide-if-labelled-by snippet more resilient (core#228).
Adblock Plus 3.9.1 for Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Opera · 22 days ago by Thomas Greiner
This release fixes an issue that caused Adblock Plus to block page loads for users that have certain non-recommended filter lists installed (core#230).
Adblock Plus 3.9 for Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Opera · 36 days ago by Thomas Greiner
This release improves on existing features that help inform users about new changes to the extension and about problems it detects. It also includes various improvements for filter authors.
User interface changes
- New updates page informing users about latest changes via a notification in the popup (ui#562).
- New data corruption page informing users about data corruption via a notification in the popup instead of opening the first-run page (ui#589).
- New notification icon design (ui#162, ui#594).
- Added ability to share number of blocked ads on social media (ui#485).
- Improved design of confirmation dialog that is shown when clicking on a link to add a filter list (ui#595).
- Reverted font optimizations that were released in Adblock Plus 3.7 (ui#565).
- Snippet changes
- Added element hiding debug mode (core#170, webext#172).
Note: For now, this mode can only be enabled via the browser console (see instructions).
- Long filters in developer tools panel are now displayed in a tooltip (ui#301).
- Fixed: Blocked counter regularly resets itself for pinned tabs (webext#190).
- Fixed: Black border was shown around icon popup (ui#731).
Adblock Plus 3.8.4 for Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Opera · 124 days ago by Hubert Figuière
This release improves the snippet
hide-if-contains-visible-text to also handle pseudo elements when looking for the text content (core#172).
Adblock Plus 3.8.3 for Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Opera · 127 days ago by Thomas Greiner
This release adds support for opening noteworthy notifications in a new tab (core#162, webex#162) that would otherwise go unnoticed. Such notifications will not be shown to users on large scale deployments of Adblock Plus (webext#171).
Adblock Plus 3.8.2 for Microsoft Edge · 156 days ago by Giorgiana Piscoi
This release contains a workaround, addressing a data migration issue (webext#152), for users that have upgraded from the old Microsoft Edge to the new Chromium-based Microsoft Edge (stable version 79). Those that upgraded directly to version 80 (or above) were not affected.
Adblock Plus 3.8.1 for Opera · 162 days ago by Sebastian Noack
When releasing Adblock Plus 3.8 we ran into an issue with the Opera Addons website that prevented us from making the new version available on Opera (core#132). This issue has been resolved now, and we finally were able to deliver the update on Opera as Adblock Plus 3.8.1. Other than a minor change required for submission on Opera Addons this build is identical to what has been released as Adblock Plus 3.8 for other browsers.
Adblock Plus 3.8 for Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge · 168 days ago by Thomas Greiner
This release introduces the ability to disable Adblock Plus on individual web pages which used to only be possible to do across entire websites. It also makes various improvements for snippet filters.
User interface changes
- Icon popup: Added ability to whitelist individual pages (ui#499).
- Settings page
- Issue reporter: Added link for reporting other issues (ui#424).
- Removed notification for recommending filter list that hides offending messages (webext#99, core#97).
- Updated extension description (ui#597).
- Fixed: Don’t focus first-run page when shown due to data corruption (webext#110).
- Fixed: Keep number of blocked requests in icon popup updated while it’s open (ui#634, webext#95).
- Snippet changes