Adblock Browser 1.5.2 for iOS released · 20 days ago by Mario König
- Updated the version of Adblock Plus for Chrome/Opera/Safari bundled with Adblock Browser to 1.12.4 (Issue 4554)
- Introduced opt-in error reporting in order to improve stability (Issue 4672, Issue 4766)
- Fixed popup issue on imgur.com (Issue 4164)
- Fixed multiple issues which could potentially lead to crashes (Issue 4874, Issue 4908, Issue 4516)
- Fixed multiple minor bugs (Issue 4904, Issue 5152, Issue 4703, Issue 4886, Issue 5029, Issue 5115, Issue 4480, Issue 5065)
- Minor UI and usability improvements (Issue 4881, Issue 3653)
Element Hiding Helper 1.4 released · 39 days ago by Wladimir Palant
With this release Element Hiding Helper becomes fully compatible with multi-process Firefox (issue 2879). We also fixed a long-standing bug: “View source” command was only showing elements but no text nodes (issue 4588).
Adblock Plus 1.13.2 for Chrome and Opera released · 62 days ago by Jon Sonesen
This is an emergency release, fixing a regression and preventing installation on unsupported Opera versions.
- Fixed a regression with the “Hide targeted messages?” notifications, which prevented the notification text from being displayed (issue 5014).
- Adblock Plus can no longer be installed on Opera 35 and older versions, which are incompatible (issue 4787).
Adblock Plus 1.13.1 for Chrome and Opera released · 66 days ago by Dave Barker
This is an emergency release, fixing overly eager popup blocking.
- Fixed a bug whereby popup windows containing iframes were sometimes blocked by mistake (issue 5009). While this was a pre-existing bug, it was made more serious by our recent popup blocking improvements (issue 4834).
Adblock Plus 1.13 for Chrome and Opera released · 68 days ago by Dave Barker
This is a major release containing some user interface improvements and more changes behind the scenes.
- Further improved our WebSocket (issue 4643, 4807) and popup (issue 4834) blocking capabilities.
- Improved the “Block element” tool, fixing a bug where the dialog window would sometimes fail to open (issue 4714) and another which very rarely caused the currently targeted element(s) not to be highlighted (issue 4603).
- Improved the “Add your own filters” interface in the Options page. Extremely large filters are now displayed properly (issue 1121), and the interface is much more responsive when dealing with large numbers of custom filters (issue 4752).
- Improved the Adblock Plus developer tools pane. Chrome’s dark theme is now supported (issue 4136), the Control-F search interface now works (issue 4644) and elements hidden by CSS property filters are now listed (issue 3596).
- Worked around a limitation with Chrome’s onCommitted event which caused many problems (issue 4598, 4599, 4647, 4804). Most notably this caused some requests to be improperly blocked / not blocked.
Adblock Plus 1.6 for Internet Explorer released · 139 days ago by Oleksandr Paraska
We are happy to announce the release of Adblock Plus 1.6 for Internet Explorer. This update brings a bunch of features, all of which you were able to try first in our latest development build.
As we have already pointed out in the development build announcement we are switching to CSS injection for element hiding, instead of a custom DOM traverser. This change was implemented for a more powerful element hiding.
The new way of element hiding through CSS injection will work only on IE10+. But since we support IE8+ we have also made improvements to the traverser itself and fixed other bugs, which should make the general ad blocking experience more robust.
Adblock Plus 2.8.2 for Firefox released · 181 days ago by Wladimir Palant
This is a maintenance release, most importantly introducing some improvements to CSS property filters.
- Made sure that element hiding rules don’t affect browser’s and extensions’ special pages, this regressed with Adblock Plus 2.8 (issue 4624, issue 4625).
- Fixed blockable items list slowing down page loading (issue 4587).
- Pop-ups using
data:URLs and similar unusual schemes can be blocked now (issue 4368).
- When selecting keyboard shortcuts, more shortcut keys already in use by the browser can be recognized. This will change the shortcut key to show Blockable items list from Ctrl/Cmd-Shift-V to Ctrl/Cmd-Shift-U for pretty much everybody (issue 4544).
Adblock Plus 2.8.1 for Firefox released · 206 days ago by Wladimir Palant
Our Adblock Plus 2.8 release introduced a regression that went unnoticed for months in the development builds. Users who activated the please_kill_startup_performance preference were experiencing data loss: filters didn’t load completely. Also, importing custom filters was failing for large files. Both issues have the same root cause (issue 4576) and have been resolved in Adblock Plus 2.8.1. If your data is still incomplete after updating to Adblock Plus 2.8.1 please click the “Backup and Restore” button in Filter Preferences — one of the automatically created backups is certain to be correct.
Adblock Plus 1.12.4 for Chrome, Opera and Safari released · 208 days ago by Dave Barker
- Stopped the “Block Element” dialog from suggesting filters based on huge URLs, since they often made Adblock Plus become unresponsive (issue 4330).
- WebSocket connections are now considered to be of type
$other(issue 4448). For more information see Wladimir’s blog post.
- Removed the features section from the first-run page (issue 4295, issue 4294).
- Fixed a bug relating to how the document domain is determined, especially after redirects (issue 4386).
- Added a workaround to fix
$sitekeywhitelisting for requests made directly after a redirection (issue 4483).
- Improved WebSocket blocking capabilities (issue 4372).
- Fixed YouTube ad blocking on Safari 6 (issue 4351).
Adblock Plus for Samsung Browser 1.0.4 released · 209 days ago by Mario König
- Fixed the “Blocker of unwanted content not available” error that kept appearing as a result of the latest Samsung Browser update (Issue 4463)
- Temporary cache files are now automatically cleaned, reducing app storage. (Issue 4485)