Adblock Plus 1.6.1 for Chrome and Opera released · 2013-10-16 17:13 by Wladimir Palant
- Some missing translations for the first-run page are now included.
- Fixed: Data corruption warning was showing up for the initial installation.
- Pop-up blocking has been enabled, current Opera versions now have the necessary functionality.
- Fixed: First-run page sometimes didn’t show up (worked around a bug that Opera apparently ported from Presto to Chromium).
Adblock Plus 2.4 for Firefox, Adblock Plus 1.6 for Chrome and Opera released · 2013-10-09 16:52 by Wladimir Palant
This release improves the first-run page that is common in all three browsers. We redesigned it once again and made sure that new users get a better overview.
- Fixed: Adblock Plus icon wasn’t showing up on browser startup for some users.
- Fixed: Redirect blocking wasn’t working in current Firefox versions.
- Fixed: Issue reporter fails to process some console errors.
- Fixed: Adblock Plus fails to start up when updating in current Firefox nightly builds (workaround for bug 924340).
- The number of ads blocked on a page and in total now shows up when in the icon is clicked.
Note: This is the last Adblock Plus for Chrome release where we use Argentinian Spanish when the locale selected in Chrome is “Latin American Spanish.” Unfortunately, Chrome doesn’t allow supporting the many existing Latin American Spanish dialects properly. However, we’ve determined that Mexican Spanish will be a better choice for the Latin American region and future releases will use that locale.
Adblock Plus 1.1 for Internet Explorer released · 2013-10-08 18:04 by Wladimir Palant
As with the previous release, this version is compatible to anything down to Internet Explorer 6. However, this version now also supports Enhanced Protected Mode (the default in Internet Explorer 11 under Windows 8.1) and is properly tested in Windows 8.1. Altogether, the improvements in this version:
- Enhanced Protected Mode support.
- Better user interface for update notifications.
- Fixed a crash when files are being uploaded.
- Fixed a hang sometimes happening in Internet Explorer 6.
There are still a few known limitations in this version. Also, some users are reporting Adblock Plus causing Internet Explorer hangs on Windows 8.1, so far we were unable to reproduce this issue despite identical configuration.
Adblock Plus 1.5.5 for Chrome and Opera released · 2013-09-02 13:13 by Wladimir Palant
This release implements a partial work-around for Chromium bug 281711. This bug prevented Adblock Plus from blocking ads on pages that were opened from Flash (e.g. when people clicked the YouTube link inside a YouTube video).
Adblock Plus 1.1.3 for Android released · 2013-08-28 13:19 by Andrey Novikov
If you already have Adblock Plus for Android, it should notify you about the update shortly and download it automatically.
This release disables sound in notifications that appear when the device is attached to a Wi-Fi network yet no traffic arrives at the proxy (meaning most likely that the proxy isn’t configured correctly). This change was implemented to eliminate annoyance for devices connecting to open Wi-Fi networks automatically without sending any data.
Adblock Plus 1.5.4 for Chrome and Opera released · 2013-08-16 12:51 by Wladimir Palant
This emergency release fixes a serious bug that caused opting out of acceptable ads to be reverted. Other changes in this release are:
- Fixed localization issue breaking extension for Danish users.
- Fixed localization issues resulting in broken links on the Options page.
- Updated punycode library.
Adblock Plus 1.0 for Internet Explorer released · 2013-08-13 17:15 by Wladimir Palant
We proudly present you the first Adblock Plus release for Internet Explorer! While there is still much room for improvement, we feel that the current version is ready to be used. It is compatible to any Internet Explorer version down to Internet Explorer 6 with the following limitations:
- Adblock Plus currently doesn’t support Enhanced Protected Mode of Internet Explorer 10, we expect that to be resolved in a follow-up release soon.
- Metro mode Internet Explorer in Windows 8 and Internet Explorer in Windows RT currently cannot be supported, these are locked down environments that don’t allow any extensions.
Other than that we’ve resolved most of the issues our original development build was experiencing. The one issue remaining is the placement of the icon: Adblock Plus icon still shows up in the status bar and normally you will need to enable it manually to show it. Also, we are aware of some remaining inconsistencies in the way blocking and element hiding rules work in Internet Explorer compared to Firefox or Chrome, we will continue working on eliminating these.
Adblock Plus 2.3.2 for Firefox, Adblock Plus 1.5.3 for Chrome and Opera released · 2013-07-29 13:08 by Wladimir Palant
This is a bugfix release that fixes an issue with the newly introduced emergency notification mechanism.
Adblock Plus 2.3.1 for Firefox, Adblock Plus 1.5.2 for Chrome and Opera released · 2013-07-24 14:00 by Wladimir Palant
Note: The originally released Adblock Plus 1.5.1 for Chrome and Opera had a bug that reset the filter settings. Adblock Plus 1.5.2 fixes that issue and restores the original data.
- Improved filter list downloads.
- Implemented filter forward-compatibility proposal.
- Implemented an emergency notification mechanism that can be used to communicate important issues.
Adblock Plus 2.3 for Firefox, Adblock Plus 1.5 for Chrome and Opera released · 2013-07-10 13:38 by Wladimir Palant
This release introduces a new first-run page that is common in all three versions.
- Removed typo correction feature
- Better localization approach
- Worked around a Firefox Mobile bug, selecting filter subscription is possible again
- Fixed issue reporter breakage in current Firefox nightlies