Element Hiding Helper 1.3.8 for Adblock Plus released · 2016-05-03 15:34 by Wladimir Palant
This is a minor update, resolving an issue that might potentially have side-effects during browser startup (issue 2850). This also fixes warnings in Browser Console that Element Hiding Helper was producing in newer Firefox versions (issue 3962).
Adblock Plus 2.7.3 for Firefox released · 2016-04-27 14:32 by Wladimir Palant
This release adds support for the experimental CSS properties syntax to Adblock Plus for Firefox (issue 2401, issue 3955). This support isn’t complete yet, most important issue being that hits are not counted for CSS properties filters (issue 3969).
- Fixed issues that Adblock Plus could potentially cause on Firefox startup (issue 2850).
- Some first-run page optimizations (issue 2668, issue 1292, issue 3736, issue 3814).
- Cleaned up internal messaging approach (issue 3499, issue 3851, issue 3853).
Adblock Browser 1.3.1 for iOS released · 2016-04-18 11:30 by Mario König
- Fixed a bug that caused Adblock Browser to crash under specific circumstances on startup after updating to the latest version 1.3.0 (Issue 3922)
Adblock Browser 1.3.0 for iOS released · 2016-04-12 13:25 by Mario König
- Improved handling for adding, editing and sorting bookmarks (Issue 3288, Issue 3281)
- Visible indication of secure connections when connected to websites via https (Issue 3203, Issue 3284)
- Added dashboard customization functionality (Issue 3282, Issue 3289)
- Integration with 1Password functionality (Issue 3285)
- Added minor graphical and usage-specific improvements (Issue 3602, Issue 3633, Issue 3411, Issue 3550, Issue 3643, Issue 3644, Issue 3645, Issue 3647, Issue 3856, Issue 3182, Issue 3201, Issue 3270, Issue 3277, Issue 3390, Issue 3523, Issue 3524, Issue 3804)
- Fixed: Fixed various bugs to improve usability (Issue 3529, Issue 3530, Issue 3600, Issue 3601, Issue 3603, Issue 3655, Issue 3360, Issue 3533, Issue 3553, Issue 3604, Issue 3827, Issue 3858, Issue 3217, Issue 3279, Issue 3436, Issue 3477, Issue 3483, Issue 3665, Issue 3734, Issue 3838, Issue 2686, Issue 2794, Issue 3369, Issue 3362, Issue 3730, Issue 3740)
Adblock Plus 1.11 for Chrome, Opera and Safari released · 2016-03-08 17:44 by Sebastian Noack
This release features the new developer tools panel which shows blockable items along with applied filters, and provides an easy way to create new filters for these items, on Chrome and Opera.
Another big change in this release: The “Block element” dialog is no longer injected into the page, but opened as a popup on Chrome and Opera, and as a new tab on Safari. This solved a couple issues, most notably a way that allowed websites to reliably detect whether Adblock Plus is installed.
- Significant improvements to the popup blocking mechanism on Chrome and Opera, in order to address some corner cases which have been exploited by some websites (issue 3651).
- Restricted the data send by the uninstall page. We respect your privacy! (issue 3649)
- Fixed: CSS property filters weren’t applied correctly when comma-separated lists of selectors were involved (issue 3654).
- Fixed: The “Block element” feature didn’t consider $genericblock exception rules (issue 3620, issue 3636).
Adblock Plus 2.7.2 for Firefox released · 2016-02-23 16:42 by Wladimir Palant
- Closed a pop-up blocking loophole misused by some websites (issue 3568).
- Fixed tooltip display for very long filters (issue 1950).
Element Hiding Helper 1.3.7 for Adblock Plus released · 2016-02-16 15:31 by Wladimir Palant
This is a minor update fixing a single issue affecting users of Firefox 45 (currently Beta) and above. A change in Firefox broke switching between Basic and Advanced mode, this has been fixed now.
Adblock Plus 1.10.2 for Safari released · 2016-02-11 15:28 by Sebastian Noack
Install Adblock Plus 1.10.2 for Safari (Safari 6 or higher required)
We just updated Apple’s certificate used in the Safari builds to make sure that Adblock Plus can still be installed when the old certificate expires. And as a result we had to release a new version. Other than the updated certificate, the build is completely identical to the previous release.
Builds for Chrome and Opera were generated as well. But since there were no changes compared to the previous release, we didn’t upload these to their respective web stores.
Adblock Plus 1.10.1 for Chrome, Opera and Safari released · 2016-02-03 12:16 by Sebastian Noack
This is an emergency bugfix release, fixing a regression that was introduced in the previous release and broke compatibility with Chrome 37, Opera 24, and earlier versions (issue 3580).
Besides that and some changes under the hood, this release fixes the following minor bugs:
- Subscription links caused the options page to be opened twice (issue 3153).
- The “Block element” option wasn’t shown in icon popup while page was loading (issue 3472).
Adblock Browser 1.1.1 for Android released · 2016-02-02 14:05 by Mario König
- Fixed: Fixed a bug that caused Adblock Browser to crash on some devices running Android 6. (Issue 3406)