Adblock Plus 1.8.10 for Chrome, Opera and Safari released · 2015-01-20 18:30 by Sebastian Noack
- Fixed: “Block element” didn’t highlight some elements correctly (issue 1751 and issue 1755).
- Fixed: “Block element” didn’t work while the first run page was open (issue 1741).
- Worked around an issue that broke printing of spreadsheets on Google Docs (issue 1770).
- Adapted for a new API feature introduced in Chrome 41 and Opera 28, that allows to identify frames more efficiently and reliably (issue 1739).
- Fixed a potential memory leak in the messaging code (issue 1724).
Adblock Plus 2.6.7 for Firefox released · 2015-01-14 22:03 by Wladimir Palant
Note that this release removes the “Hide placeholders of blocked elements” option from the user interface. The underlying functionality is still available via a hidden preference, as explained in the original announcement.
- Removed ‘Hide placeholders of blocked elements’ option from the user interface (issue 1670).
- Fixed: First-run page broken in Firefox nightlies if E10S is enabled (issue 1663, issue 1706).
- Fixed first-run page layout for right-to-left languages (issue 1668).
- Fixed: “Adblock Warning Removal List” is being displayed as the selected list on Firefox Mobile (issue 1712).
- Fixed: “Disable on site” doesn’t always show up on Firefox Mobile (issue 1713).
Element Hiding Helper 1.3.1 released · 2015-01-13 17:40 by Wladimir Palant
- Made compatible with multiprocess Firefox (issue 1091).
- Fixed: Selection via mouse wheel broken (issue 227).
- Fixed: Horizontal scrollbar hides element type (issue 351).
- Fixed tree view in the assistant dialog (issue 447).
Adblock Plus 1.8.9 for Chrome, Opera and Safari released · 2015-01-06 20:00 by Sebastian Noack
- Worked around some circumvention attempts.
- Fixed: Extension pages didn’t respect direction of right-to-left languages (issue 1668).
- Fixed an issue when generating filters based on the style attribute (issue 1658).
- Fixed an issue where “Block element” from the context menu didn’t work or in an inferior way than from the popup (issue 1611).
- When blocking elements suggest filters based on all URLs associated with the element (issue 1601).
- Removed ‘Hide placeholders of blocked elements’ option from the user interface (issue 1671).
- Updated the extension description (issue 1643).
- Worked around a Chrome bug that caused placeholders for blocked elements to show up on some pages (issue 1703).
<input type=image>elements were not recognized as images (issue 1644).
- Fixed: Spanish (Spain) translations were used instead of Spanish (Latin America) (issue 1666).
- Fixed: Popup did not respond when multiple tabs were opened simultaneously (issue 1694).
Adblock Plus 1.3 for IE released · 2014-12-15 16:43 by Oleksandr Paraska
Since our last release for Internet Explorer we were very much focused on improving quality of ad blocking and hiding. Hence version 1.3 fixes a lot of issues where ABP for IE either incorrectly blocked a request, or falsely allowed the request through, when it shouldn’t have. We are quite happy with the result, and hope you’ll notice the improvement as well.
If you are interested in a bit more details, here is the list of changes that are included in Adblock Plus 1.3 for Internet Explorer
- General blocking improvements (issue 1265):
- Improved detection of mime types
- Added support for XMLHttpRequests
- Added support for requests from Flash
- Improved detection of a referrer of a request.
- Fix element hiding on some sites (issue 1148)
- Fix incorrect blocking of video content on some sites (issue 1231)
- Block video ads where they weren’t blocked before (issue 1500)
- Fix “Navigation canceled” messages if IFRAME is blocked (issue 1264)
- Fix version string in Add/Remove programs (issue 1222)
- Changes in the First Run Page (issue 1230, issue 1356)
Adblock Plus 1.8.8 for Chrome, Opera and Safari released · 2014-12-02 19:32 by Sebastian Noack
- Added validation of custom filters, preventing users from adding filters that break element hiding (issue 491).
- Fixed an issue where elements, which use a special URL and therefore aren’t blocked, are collapsed (issue 1613).
- Improved and fixed some issues with the “Block element” dialog.
- Consider the
styleattribute as last resort, if otherwise no filter can be generated for the given element (issue 700).
- Generate element hiding filters instead of request blocking filters for elements using special URLs which can’t be blocked (issue 705).
- Use vertical scrollbars instead of wrapping long filter texts (issue 731).
- Fixed an issue where popup state wasn’t reset after closing the dialog (issue 1122).
- Fixed an error which prevented dragging the dialog to another position (issue 1516).
- Fixed insufficient escaping of CSS selectors, which broke some generated element hiding filters (issue 1527 and 1587).
- Mitigated side-effects on pages that respond to events of selected elements (issue 1603).
- Fixed: Overlays are injected for hidden elements (issue 1606).
- Fixed wrong
z-indexof injected overlays (issue 1607).
- Fixed an error caused by generating only a request blocking filter for an
<object>element (issue 1609).
- Keep highlighting all selected elements until the dialog is closed (issue 1610).
- Fixed an issue where some elements weren’t removed immediately when the filter is saved (issue 1612).
- Consider the
- Adapted workaround for Chrome bug causing some issues with Flash videos, for Chrome 40, Opera 27 and above (issue 1593).
- Fixed: Options page isn’t opened correctly from an incognito window (issue 1268).
- Fixed: Blocked frames aren’t collapsed (issue 1592).
- Improved performance, by caching translations (issue 1502).
Adblock Plus 2.6.6 for Firefox released · 2014-11-11 23:59 by Wladimir Palant
There is only one change, Adblock Plus will use a slightly different approach to read files from disk (issue 1510). The reason is a change that Mozilla made for Firefox and that broke Adblock Plus completely in the Firefox nightly builds.
Adblock Plus 1.8.7 for Chrome and Opera released · 2014-10-28 18:06 by Sebastian Noack
This release only fixes an issue breaking Flash videos on Chrome 39 and Opera 26 (issue 1496). We initially addressed that issue only for Chrome 38 and Opera 25, assuming that Google fixes the Chrome bug that is causing this issue, before Chrome 39 is released. However, they didn’t yet, and it is rather unlikely that they will still fix it for Chrome 39, which is in beta now.
Note: We also released Adblock Plus 1.8.7 for Safari but there are no changes there compared to Adblock Plus 1.8.6.
Adblock Plus 2.6.5 for Firefox released · 2014-10-15 21:01 by Wladimir Palant
- Fixed: Element hiding exceptions are broken by changes in Firefox 34 and Firefox 35 (issue 1241, issue 1381).
- Fixed: Blocking via context menu won’t always suggest blocking the most recent request (issue 362).
- Fixed: Issue reporter will complain about too many filter lists even when these filter lists are “special” like the anti-adblock list (issue 690).
- Fixed: Disabling filters via space bar no longer works in preferences (issue 1129).
- Fixed: Sharing Adblock Plus from the first-run page won’t work if the Anti-Social list is enabled (issue 1133).
- Fixed: Anti-Adblock warning will sometimes appear on websites without any anti-adblock behavior (issue 1161).
$sitekeyoption behavior more consistent, it can be used similarly to
$domainnow rather than whitelisting complete websites only (issue 432).
Adblock Plus 1.8.6 for Chrome, Opera and Safari released · 2014-10-15 00:10 by Sebastian Noack
- Removed special handling for
$sitekeyfilter option, handling them the same as the
$domainoption (issue 433).
- Generate protocol-agnostic filters when using the “Block element” dialog (issue 704).
- Fixed an issue with escaping URLs in filters generated by the “Block element” dialog (issue 1393).
- Fixed an issue causing infinite recursion when blocking
<input type=image>elements (issue 1396).
- Disable “Block element” option on XML pages, where it doesn’t work anyway (issue 1428).
- Implemented a workaround for a bug in Chrome 38 and Opera 25, which broke some Flash videos (issue 1372).
- Removed side-effects introduced by the “Block element” dialog if websites change styles of highlighted elements (issue 1325).