Adblock Browser 1.0 for Android and iOS released · 2015-09-08 11:15 by Felix Dahlke
As previously announced, we’ve been working hard on Adblock Browser for Android and iOS over the past few months. I’m happy to announce that today is the day where we release it on both platforms.
Element Hiding Helper 1.3.4 released · 2015-09-01 16:00 by Wladimir Palant
This is a bugfix release, solving only one issue. Element Hiding Helper 1.3.3 didn’t work in older Firefox releases, this issue is now resolved.
Element Hiding Helper 1.3.3 released · 2015-08-13 14:46 by Wladimir Palant
Adblock Plus 2.6.10 for Firefox released · 2015-07-28 15:05 by Wladimir Palant
This is a quality and stability release, with the focus being compatibility with upcoming Firefox versions. Most of the changes are under the hood, only the visible changes are listed:
suppress_first_run_pagepreference introduced by previous release can now be preconfigured by machine administrators via setting
extensions.adblockplus.preconfigured.suppress_first_run_pageFirefox preference (issue 2439).
- Issue reporter
- Subscription links
- Removed inconsistent behavior (breaks backwards compatibility): exception rules starting with
https://no longer imply
$documentoption (issue 2503).
- Reduced the initial delay for filter lists and notification updates after browser startup (issue 284 and issue 2659).
- First-run page: Fixed social buttons being broken starting with Firefox 38 (issue 2710).
Adblock Plus 1.9.2 for Safari released · 2015-07-17 16:14 by Sebastian Noack
Install Adblock Plus 1.9.2 for Safari (Safari 6 or higher required)
We’ve just updated the release channel of Adblock Plus for Safari. There was only one minor change that was required in order to submit the extension to the new Safari Extension Gallery (issue 2796). Submitting Adblock Plus there is important to make sure that Safari 9 users receive automatic updates in the future.
Builds for Chrome and Opera were generated as well. But since there were no user-visible changes compared to the previous release, we didn’t upload these to their respective web stores.
Adblock Plus 1.9.1 for Chrome, Opera and Safari released · 2015-07-14 17:41 by Thomas Greiner
- Added global opt-out for notifications (issue 2195).
- Immediately show notifications after they were downloaded (issue 2419).
- Reduced delay of initial download of notifications (issue 2659).
- Fixed: Notification data was reset when pages load during extension intitialization (issue 2757).
Adblock Plus 1.9 for Chrome, Opera and Safari released · 2015-06-16 14:30 by Sebastian Noack
- Fixed: Placeholders weren’t hidden for elements that were blocked by an URL given in the srcset attribute (issue 2634).
- Exception rules with protocol don’t imply the
$documentflag anymore (issue 2503).
- Changed the label for the share buttons to reflect the functionality more accurately (issue 2202).
- Implemented an alternative format for subscription links (issue 2212).
- Fixed some issues with the “Block element” dialog:
- Fixed some issues with element highlighting (issue 2077, issue 2209).
- Fixed some issues with dragging the dialog (issue 2100, issue 2173, issue 2194).
- Fixed issues with how the context menu interacted with other parts of the user interface (issue 2279, issue 2298).
- The page no longer freezes when selecting an element that would result in a lot of other elements being blocked as well (issue 2215).
- Performance improvements:
- Changed the way Adblock Plus stores persistent data such as setting and filter lists, replacing localStorage and the deprecated FileSystem API with chrome.storage (issue 2021, issue 2040).
- Run content scripts in anonymous frames again, in order to block ads more reliably (issue 2216, issue 2217).
- Worked around a Chromium bug that caused corruption of the page layout when using the feedback dialog on Google Mail and other Google websites (issue 2602).
Fixed element hiding filters using CSS selectors with commas inside quoted text (issue 2467).
- Don’t assume Chromium-specific user agent string, fixing issues when using
--user-agentswitch, or running on a different platform (issue 2537).
- Performance improvements:
- Flush caches after filter changes only when absolutely necessary and respect the browser’s quotas (issue 2034, issue 2297).
- Improved the performance of CSS selector injection, slightly decreasing page load time, in particular on pages with many frames and/or many active element hiding filters (issue 2528).
- Got rid of some
try..catchstatements which prevent functions from being optimized (issue 2658, issue 2569).
- Avoid iteration over a hash-table which prevents functions from being optimized, slightly improving performance of element hiding filter matching (issue 2582).
- Fixed: Spanish translation wasn’t being used (issue 2665).
- Restored compatibility with Safari 6 (issue 2172).
Adblock Browser 1.0 for Android is in open beta · 2015-05-20 10:00 by Felix Dahlke
For the past few months, we’ve been working on a mobile browser with adblocking tightly integrated. Today we’re proud to announce the open beta of Adblock Browser for Android.
We’ve kept things secretive around Adblock Browser in the early phase, but like most of the things we do, it’s open source. We are now starting to make the repository, issues and code reviews public, and they’ll stay that way.
Adblock Plus 2.6.9 for Firefox released · 2015-03-31 23:56 by Wladimir Palant
This is another quality and stability release:
- Slightly optimized performance, domain-specific filters will no longer affect overall performance (issue 2177).
- Added extensions.adblockplus.suppress_first_run_page preference to allow administrators disable the first-run page if Adblock Plus is installed globally (issue 206). Note that additional changes are required to make this preference usable.
$elemhidefilter option doesn’t consider website signatures correctly (issue 2151).
Diagnostics 1.2.5 released · 2015-03-10 21:08 by Wladimir Palant
This release updates the extension icon to match the new Adblock Plus logo.