Adblock Plus 1.10.2 for Safari released · 2016-02-11 15:28 by Sebastian Noack
Install Adblock Plus 1.10.2 for Safari (Safari 6 or higher required)
We just updated Apple’s certificate used in the Safari builds to make sure that Adblock Plus can still be installed when the old certificate expires. And as a result we had to release a new version. Other than the updated certificate, the build is completely identical to the previous release.
Builds for Chrome and Opera were generated as well. But since there were no changes compared to the previous release, we didn’t upload these to their respective web stores.
Adblock Plus 1.10.1 for Chrome, Opera and Safari released · 2016-02-03 12:16 by Sebastian Noack
This is an emergency bugfix release, fixing a regression that was introduced in the previous release and broke compatibility with Chrome 37, Opera 24, and earlier versions (issue 3580).
Besides that and some changes under the hood, this release fixes the following minor bugs:
- Subscription links caused the options page to be opened twice (issue 3153).
- The “Block element” option wasn’t shown in icon popup while page was loading (issue 3472).
Adblock Browser 1.1.1 for Android released · 2016-02-02 14:05 by Mario König
- Fixed: Fixed a bug that caused Adblock Browser to crash on some devices running Android 6. (Issue 3406)
Adblock Plus 2.7.1 for Firefox released · 2016-01-19 15:08 by Wladimir Palant
With this release Adblock Plus becomes fully compatible with the upcoming multi-process mode in Firefox, it no longer relies on backwards compatibility hacks in Firefox (issue 3259, issue 3407, issue 3449, issue 3465, issue 3486, issue 3494). This also means that the screenshot functionality in Issue Reporter is fully functional now (issue 3375), and also quite fast (issue 3504).
- Improved performance:
patterns.iniwas being saved way more often than necessary (issue 3473).
- $ping filter option is back and will especially apply to requests sent via navigator.sendBeacon() (issue 3452).
- Requests produced by
<picture>will be assigned type
- Requests produced by the Fetch API will be assigned type
generichidetypes will no longer show up in the filter assistant (issue 3478).
- Fixed: Previously disabled and removed filter is still disabled when added back (issue 3451).
As the previous release changed Adblock Plus quite drastically, it inevitably introduced some issues. As far as we know, all of these have been resolved:
- Pop-up blocking doesn’t catch redirects to a different domain (issue 3458).
- Issue Reporter gets stuck if filter subscriptions need updating (issue 3461, issue 3464).
- Screenshot marker in Issue Reporter is no longer red (issue 3503).
- Fixed image preview in Blockable Items tooltip (issue 3491).
- Element hiding functionality isn’t working on Mac OS X when multi-process mode is enabled (bug 1187099). Mozilla is working on this.
Adblock Browser 1.2.1 for iOS released · 2016-01-14 10:34 by Mario König
- Fixed: Fixed bug that caused crashes for users who accessed the History tab with more than 200+ entries. (Issue 3265)
Adblock Plus 1.10 for Chrome, Opera and Safari released · 2016-01-05 13:44 by Dave Barker
This update adds the new CSS property filter syntax which should give filter list authors an additional tool against the circumvention of Adblock Plus. We have also created a page which will be shown when Adblock Plus is uninstalled. We are hoping to gain insight into the overall user experience and what we can improve.
- Added support for the new CSS property filter syntax (issue 2397).
- Improved how the first run page looks on smaller screens (issue 1292).
- Added a feedback page that is displayed when Adblock Plus is uninstalled (issue 3269).
- Reintroduced the $ping filter option (issue 3452).
- Adapted for changes in Chrome 49 which allows for the context of web requests to be matched more reliably (issue 3453).
- Changed the way we detect the browser name and version (issue 3415).
- Avoid matching web requests with the type
OTHERwhen using the
$fontfilter option (issue 3454).
Element Hiding Helper 1.3.6 for Adblock Plus released · 2016-01-05 13:15 by Wladimir Palant
Customizations 1.0.4 for Adblock Plus released · 2016-01-05 13:10 by Wladimir Palant
- References to “add-on bar” have been replaced by “toolbar” (issue 1140).
- Displaying toolbar icon as text has been disabled in latest Firefox versions, Australis theme doesn’t support it (issue 1155).
- Fixed: “Toolbar item display” option keeps switching to default rather than showing the selected value (issue 1156).
- The special icon for “whitelisted” websites has been updated to better match the current Adblock Plus icon (issue 2269).
Diagnostics 1.3.1 for Adblock Plus released · 2016-01-05 13:07 by Wladimir Palant
Diagnostics 1.3 for Adblock Plus released · 2015-12-15 13:12 by Wladimir Palant
Diagnostics 1.3 has seen significant changes in order to support Adblock Plus 2.7 which we released today. Due to the extent of the changes it is no longer compatible with older Adblock Plus versions, unfortunately. We will publish Diagnostics on AMO now in order to have signed development builds but it’s still an internal helper, so use at your own risk.
- The confusing “ignore early returns” checkbox is gone — Diagnostics is no longer able to track low-level actions, so it generally cannot detect low-level calls that aren’t being forwarded to the upper level. However, there are relatively few such cases remaining in Adblock Plus now.
- The columns Context, Document and Additional have been removed as well — this kind of low-level context information is no longer available to Diagnostics (and neither to Adblock Plus when it is making decisions).
- On the other hand, the Request origin data has been extended. The tooltip will now show the entire frame hierarchy for a request, not only the location of the frame immediately responsible.
- There is also a new column called Private. This one will indicate whether a request is associated with a private browsing window.
- The Type column will no longer attempt to localize the type, instead the internal type identifier will be displayed (corresponds with filter options).