Adblock Plus 1.8.8 for Chrome, Opera and Safari released · 2014-12-02 19:32 by Sebastian Noack
- Added validation of custom filters, preventing users from adding filters that break element hiding (issue 491).
- Fixed an issue where elements, which use a special URL and therefore aren’t blocked, are collapsed (issue 1613).
- Improved and fixed some issues with the “Block element” dialog.
- Consider the
styleattribute as last resort, if otherwise no filter can be generated for the given element (issue 700).
- Generate element hiding filters instead of request blocking filters for elements using special URLs which can’t be blocked (issue 705).
- Use vertical scrollbars instead of wrapping long filter texts (issue 731).
- Fixed an issue where popup state wasn’t reset after closing the dialog (issue 1122).
- Fixed an error which prevented dragging the dialog to another position (issue 1516).
- Fixed insufficient escaping of CSS selectors, which broke some generated element hiding filters (issue 1527 and 1587).
- Mitigated side-effects on pages that respond to events of selected elements (issue 1603).
- Fixed: Overlays are injected for hidden elements (issue 1606).
- Fixed wrong
z-indexof injected overlays (issue 1607).
- Fixed an error caused by generating only a request blocking filter for an
<object>element (issue 1609).
- Keep highlighting all selected elements until the dialog is closed (issue 1610).
- Fixed an issue where some elements weren’t removed immediately when the filter is saved (issue 1612).
- Consider the
- Adapted workaround for Chrome bug causing some issues with Flash videos, for Chrome 40, Opera 27 and above (issue 1593).
- Fixed: Options page isn’t opened correctly from an incognito window (issue 1268).
- Fixed: Blocked frames aren’t collapsed (issue 1592).
- Improved performance, by caching translations (issue 1502).
Adblock Plus 2.6.6 for Firefox released · 2014-11-11 23:59 by Wladimir Palant
There is only one change, Adblock Plus will use a slightly different approach to read files from disk (issue 1510). The reason is a change that Mozilla made for Firefox and that broke Adblock Plus completely in the Firefox nightly builds.
Adblock Plus 1.8.7 for Chrome and Opera released · 2014-10-28 18:06 by Sebastian Noack
This release only fixes an issue breaking Flash videos on Chrome 39 and Opera 26 (issue 1496). We initially addressed that issue only for Chrome 38 and Opera 25, assuming that Google fixes the Chrome bug that is causing this issue, before Chrome 39 is released. However, they didn’t yet, and it is rather unlikely that they will still fix it for Chrome 39, which is in beta now.
Note: We also released Adblock Plus 1.8.7 for Safari but there are no changes there compared to Adblock Plus 1.8.6.
Adblock Plus 2.6.5 for Firefox released · 2014-10-15 21:01 by Wladimir Palant
- Fixed: Element hiding exceptions are broken by changes in Firefox 34 and Firefox 35 (issue 1241, issue 1381).
- Fixed: Blocking via context menu won’t always suggest blocking the most recent request (issue 362).
- Fixed: Issue reporter will complain about too many filter lists even when these filter lists are “special” like the anti-adblock list (issue 690).
- Fixed: Disabling filters via space bar no longer works in preferences (issue 1129).
- Fixed: Sharing Adblock Plus from the first-run page won’t work if the Anti-Social list is enabled (issue 1133).
- Fixed: Anti-Adblock warning will sometimes appear on websites without any anti-adblock behavior (issue 1161).
$sitekeyoption behavior more consistent, it can be used similarly to
$domainnow rather than whitelisting complete websites only (issue 432).
Adblock Plus 1.8.6 for Chrome, Opera and Safari released · 2014-10-15 00:10 by Sebastian Noack
- Removed special handling for
$sitekeyfilter option, handling them the same as the
$domainoption (issue 433).
- Generate protocol-agnostic filters when using the “Block element” dialog (issue 704).
- Fixed an issue with escaping URLs in filters generated by the “Block element” dialog (issue 1393).
- Fixed an issue causing infinite recursion when blocking
<input type=image>elements (issue 1396).
- Disable “Block element” option on XML pages, where it doesn’t work anyway (issue 1428).
- Implemented a workaround for a bug in Chrome 38 and Opera 25, which broke some Flash videos (issue 1372).
- Removed side-effects introduced by the “Block element” dialog if websites change styles of highlighted elements (issue 1325).
Adblock Plus 1.8.5 for Chrome, Opera and Safari released · 2014-09-08 14:15 by Wladimir Palant
Due to a mistake on our end, a few changes that were announced for the previous release didn’t actually make it into the builds. This is being corrected now.
- Fixed: “Block Element” dialog was sometimes covered up by other page elements (issue 703).
- Fixed: Checkbox labels on the options page should be clickable (issue 1226).
- Adapted for changes in Chrome 36, Opera 23 and higher. Removed side-effects of element hiding on affected websites (e.g. Outlook 365) again (issue 1290).
Adblock Plus 1.8.4 for Chrome, Opera and Safari released · 2014-09-03 20:10 by Sebastian Noack
Note: Some changes announced here didn’t actually make it into the build, these are part of Adblock Plus 1.8.5.
Fixed: “Block Element” dialog was sometimes covered up by other page elements (issue 703).
- Fixed element hiding and collapsing within inline frames on Chrome 36, Opera 23, and earlier (issue 581).
- Fixed an issue where pages using an XSLT template were rendered blank (issue 673).
- Made sure that bad filters cannot break extension pages (issue 926).
Adapted for changes in Chrome 36, Opera 23 and higher. Removed side-effects of element hiding on affected websites (e.g. Outlook 365) again (issue 1290).
- Block in-video ads on YouTube when using the HTML5 player as well (issue 1258).
- Fixed an issue which broke some websites when using EasyPrivacy (issue 649).
- Improved performance when using many tabs (issue 654).
Adblock Plus 1.2 for Internet Explorer released · 2014-08-13 12:14 by Oleksandr Paraska
It has been a long while since our previous release for Internet Explorer. We have been busy tweaking and tuning and fixing different aspects of the Internet Explorer extension for this release. There were quite a few bumps along the way which caused delays. To speedup the development we’ve made a decision to drop support for IE6 and IE7. So currently IE versions 8 to 11 are supported. In case of IE6 and IE7 Adblock Plus for Internet Explorer should still run, with minor glitches though which we are not planning to fix. Luckily, after a bunch of devbuilds we are now ready for a public release.
In this release we’ve resolved a wide range of issues. While you can look up the full list of issued fixed in our issue tracker, the most important changes are:
- Full support of Enhanced Protected Mode
- Acceptable Ads are now supported
- Improved installer. Made it multilingual. And it will now be able to detect if IE is opened and close if needed.
- Fixed incorrect blocking of videos on a wide range of websites
- Fixed a lot of stability issues
- Fixed incorrect blocking of non-ad content
- ABP should not be triggering “Only secure content is displayed” warning message anymore
It is worth mentioning that there are also a few known issues we still need to tackle, most important being “ads on Google Search sometimes aren’t hidden”. This issue can be reproduced no matter whether Acceptable Ads are enabled or disabled, so it may cause some confusion which is why we are planning to fix it ASAP (in the next few weeks).
Adblock Plus 2.6.4 for Firefox released · 2014-07-22 17:59 by Wladimir Palant
- Made sure that data is always written to disk immediately whenever filter hit counts are reset (issue 430).
- Fixed: Moving filters with Ctrl-Up/Down doesn’t work in Firefox 30 and above (issue 716).
- Fixed: Find functionality in the preferences doesn’t indicate that the search pattern wasn’t found (issue 455).
- Fixed: User isn’t informed about anti-adblock warnings on websites producing them (issue 764).
- Fixed: Blockable items aren’t refreshed on tab change in SeaMonkey (issue 290).
- Fixed: “Disable on this page only” doesn’t work correctly if the address ends with # (issue 580).
Adblock Plus 2.6.3 for Firefox released · 2014-06-03 18:05 by Wladimir Palant
This is a bugfix release with the focus on stability.
- Worked around a Firefox bug preventing filters from being saved in Firefox 22 and older on Windows (issue 530).
- Default context menu is no longer overridden on the toolbar icon if a left click would result in the same action already (issue 449).
- Fixed: Adblock Plus toolbar icon appears delayed (issue 293).
- Fixed: Warning shows up in console concerning use of setUserData (only resolved for Firefox 32 and higher, issue 47).
- Fixed: Bogus tooltip on the “Slow” column in Filter Preferences (issue 594).