Adblock Plus 1.13.3 for Chrome and Opera released · 2017-07-12 11:57 by Dave Barker
This release features a number of ad blocking improvements, bug fixes and some changes under the hood.
- Added WebRTC connection blocking support, since those connections were being abused by some websites to serve advertising (issue 4455, 5087 and 5092).
- Added support for the new advanced
#?#element hiding filter syntax, which includes the new
:-abp-haspseudo-class (issue 5094, 5220 and 5117).
- Added a workaround to prevent websites from abusing
contentDocumentAPIs to bypass ad blocking (issue 4586 and 5207).
- Started allowing web requests not associated with a browser tab to be blocked (issue 5042).
- Started using the
webRequestAPI for the blocking of WebSocket connections instead of our workarounds when supported by the browser (issue 5027 and 5130).
- Fixed a bug which prevented the “Hide targeted messages?” notifications from being displayed until the browser was restarted (issue 5019 and 5023).
- Reduced the number of “Blocked script execution…” warnings that Adblock Plus causes (issue 4494).