Adblock Plus 1.2 (Beta) for Google Chrome™ released · 2012-01-10 11:44 by Wladimir Palant
- Better blocking thanks to webRequest API (requires in Chrome 17).
- Changed user interface for filter subscription management (an intermediate step towards porting our Firefox user interface).
- Improved “Add filter” dialog, safe from being manipulated by the web page and with filter editing.
- Filter data is being stored using File System API, file format identical to Firefox.
- Using the same algorithm for filter subscription updates as in Firefox (proper handling of expiration intervals, download mirrors etc).
- Added support for subscribing from web pages via
abp:links (specifying a main subscription isn’t supported yet).
- Proper handling of
$third-partyfilter options, top-level domains like co.uk are now being considered.
- No longer putting all our element hiding rules into the document’s DOM.
Commenting is closed for this article.