Adblock Plus 1.3 for IE released · 2014-12-15 16:43 by Oleksandr Paraska
Since our last release for Internet Explorer we were very much focused on improving quality of ad blocking and hiding. Hence version 1.3 fixes a lot of issues where ABP for IE either incorrectly blocked a request, or falsely allowed the request through, when it shouldn’t have. We are quite happy with the result, and hope you’ll notice the improvement as well.
If you are interested in a bit more details, here is the list of changes that are included in Adblock Plus 1.3 for Internet Explorer
- General blocking improvements (issue 1265):
- Improved detection of mime types
- Added support for XMLHttpRequests
- Added support for requests from Flash
- Improved detection of a referrer of a request.
- Fix element hiding on some sites (issue 1148)
- Fix incorrect blocking of video content on some sites (issue 1231)
- Block video ads where they weren’t blocked before (issue 1500)
- Fix “Navigation canceled” messages if IFRAME is blocked (issue 1264)
- Fix version string in Add/Remove programs (issue 1222)
- Changes in the First Run Page (issue 1230, issue 1356)
Commenting is closed for this article.