Adblock Plus 2.0.1 for Safari released · 2018-09-19 18:05 by Dean Murphy
Adblock Plus 2.0.1 has been made from the ground up to support Safari’s native content blocking engine, which is required for ad blocking to function as of Safari 12.0.
The main advantage of using the new content blocking APIs are the significant improvements to the speed and performance of ad blocking capabilities. Using these APIs also means there’s still some ground work to be done to improve the accuracy of what’s being blocked. We’ll be working over time to better optimize our filter list generation to provide a great ad blocking experience.
As this is a newly-built native macOS app, some features from the previous version aren’t available just yet but will be re-introduced with ongoing development.
- Added filter list management
- Added user controlled whitelisting
- Added ‘Help Page’ with support/social links
- Added user controlled whitelisting in toolbar extension UI
- Added on-boarding instructions
- Added automated removal of legacy ABP extension
- Fixed whitelist UI not updating in some instances
Commenting is closed for this article.