Adblock Plus 2.7.1 for Firefox released · 2016-01-19 15:08 by Wladimir Palant
With this release Adblock Plus becomes fully compatible with the upcoming multi-process mode in Firefox, it no longer relies on backwards compatibility hacks in Firefox (issue 3259, issue 3407, issue 3449, issue 3465, issue 3486, issue 3494). This also means that the screenshot functionality in Issue Reporter is fully functional now (issue 3375), and also quite fast (issue 3504).
- Improved performance:
patterns.iniwas being saved way more often than necessary (issue 3473).
- $ping filter option is back and will especially apply to requests sent via navigator.sendBeacon() (issue 3452).
- Requests produced by
<picture>will be assigned type
- Requests produced by the Fetch API will be assigned type
generichidetypes will no longer show up in the filter assistant (issue 3478).
- Fixed: Previously disabled and removed filter is still disabled when added back (issue 3451).
As the previous release changed Adblock Plus quite drastically, it inevitably introduced some issues. As far as we know, all of these have been resolved:
- Pop-up blocking doesn’t catch redirects to a different domain (issue 3458).
- Issue Reporter gets stuck if filter subscriptions need updating (issue 3461, issue 3464).
- Screenshot marker in Issue Reporter is no longer red (issue 3503).
- Fixed image preview in Blockable Items tooltip (issue 3491).
- Element hiding functionality isn’t working on Mac OS X when multi-process mode is enabled (bug 1187099). Mozilla is working on this.
Commenting is closed for this article.