Adblock Plus 3.0.2 for Firefox released · 2017-12-12 10:42 by Dave Vandyke
This release features a number of bug fixes, some of which work around limitations of Firefox’s new Web Extensions API. Additionally, there are some minor improvements to the options page, aiming to address some of the feedback from both our users and the Electronic Frontier Foundation.
- Fixed the “Block element” tool for Windows users (issues 6053 and 5817, corresponding to Firefox bugs 1418394 and 1418655 respectively).
- Fixed blocking of WebRTC connections on websites using CSP security mechanism, works in Firefox 58 and higher now (issue 5953, Firefox bug 1406278).
- Made sure that filter list downloads and other requests performed by the extension cannot be blocked (issue 6010).
- Fixed subscription link handling for Windows users (issue 5965).
- Fixed a bug which caused the mobile options page to be zoomed incorrectly (issue 6046).
- Fixed a bug which caused the desktop popup window to open instead of the mobile options page with Firefox 57 for Android and higher (issue 5977).
- Improved our Developer Tools panel, fixing a bug which prevented viewing the requested resource (issue 6035) and improving the quality of the icon (issue 6036).
- Improved the layout of the options page (issue 5872), fixed the page title (issue 5972) and added a warning for users who subscribe to both the Easy Privacy and Acceptable Ads filter lists (issue 6031).
- Firefox 50 is no longer supported, the options page is essentially broken there without a way to fix it (issue 5971, Firefox bug 1209869).
- Adblock Plus extension might disappear completely, only to be fixed by restarting the browser (Firefox bug 1420145).
- In Firefox 57 on Windows, filtering by type in the Developer Tools panel isn’t possible (issue 5988, Firefox bug 1417043).
- In Firefox, filtering by search string in the Developer Tools panels isn’t possible (Firefox bug 1366752).
- “Block element” option isn’t available for some websites (issue 5938, Firefox bug 1408996).
- In Firefox 57 on Windows, there is a delay before the suggested filter appears in the “block element” dialog window (Firefox bug 1418655).
- Blocked frames are not hidden (issue 6051, Firefox bug 1418975).
- Occasional heavy disk activity (issue 6050, Firefox bug 1277612).
- High CPU usage on some websites (issue 6067).
Commenting is closed for this article.