Adblock Plus 3.1 for Chrome, Firefox and Opera released · 2018-05-16 15:00 by Sebastian Noack
This release features the new $csp filter option which equips filter lists authors with yet another tool to counter ad blocking circumvention on some websites, as well as a mechanism for system administrators to pre-configure Adblock Plus on Firefox, along other improvements and bug fixes.
- Added the
$cspfilter option (issue 5241).
- Requests sent by Shared/Service Workers are now matched in the context of the document that caused the worker to spawn, i.e. requests sent from the worker are now also subject to document-based whitelisting and domain-specific filters (issue 6543).
- Users with corrupted storage are now notified and instructed to reinstall Adblock Plus (issue 6599).
- Fixed: Videos (and other media elements) remained hidden if they previously attempt to stream a blocked resource (e.g. a pre-roll ad) but then changed their URL (issue 5899).
- Fixed: Exception rules for element hiding emulation filters were considered invalid when adding custom filters (issue 6139).
- Improved performance of element hiding emulation filters (issue 6437).
- Requests sent by the browser itself or by Adblock Plus are no longer subject to request blocking (issue 6544). This is now consistent with the behavior on Firefox, and prevents a dysfunctional state in case of misconfiguration or overly greedy rules in filter lists.
- Added support for pre-configurable preferences (issue 6474).
- Prevented third-party style sheets from breaking element hiding emulation filters (issue 6382).
- Worked around the limitations of notifications on Firefox (issue 6496).
Commenting is closed for this article.