Block element not appearing in ABP?

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
petroben

Re: Block element not appearing in ABP?

Post by petroben »

Hi Shannon and the ABP Support Team,

Thank you for the update! We appreciate your prompt response and efforts to fix the Block Element feature. Looking forward to the resolution and please keep us posted.

Best regards,
[petroben]
cassysen

Post by cassysen »

This happened right after I reset browser and went to start up my extensions.
loombicycle

Post by loombicycle »

Hello Community,

I've encountered an issue where a block element is not appearing as expected in ABP (Adblock Plus). It seems there might be a glitch or configuration problem, and I'm reaching out to see if anyone else has experienced a similar issue or has insights into resolving it.

If you have expertise with ABP or have successfully addressed a similar problem, I would greatly appreciate your guidance. Whether it's a setting adjustment, troubleshooting tip, or any relevant information, your input could be instrumental in resolving this matter.

Please feel free to share your experiences or suggestions. Your collective knowledge is a valuable resource, and I'm confident that together, we can troubleshoot and find a solution.

Thank you in advance for your assistance and for being an active part of this community.
Evarika

Post by Evarika »

In addition to the option not showing up sometimes, I keep getting weird red boxes where I've previously blocked elements, and some things on Fextralife specifically come back in a couple of seconds on their own.
greiner
ABP Developer

Post by greiner »

Evarika wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:14 am In addition to the option not showing up sometimes, I keep getting weird red boxes where I've previously blocked elements, and some things on Fextralife specifically come back in a couple of seconds on their own.
Did you check the "Turn on debug element hiding filters mode" option in the "Advanced" tab of the settings page? Because that one is meant to unhide ads and highlight them for the purpose of creating and debugging element hiding rules.
Danielslilt

Large scale deployments of ABP.

Post by Danielslilt »

How can Adblock Plus be effectively implemented in countries with strict internet censorship policies, where blocking ads may inadvertently block important information and hinder freedom of speech?
Emmanuel Katto

Post by Emmanuel Katto »

Dear, if a block element is not appearing in ABP, it's important to first make sure that ABP is properly installed and activated...