Adblock Plus Has Stopped Working Properly On Youtube.

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
reddrockingeezer

Adblock Plus Has Stopped Working Properly On Youtube.

Post by reddrockingeezer »

:( :( :( :( :( :(
Adblock Plus has always done a great job at blocking YouTube ads as I watch videos. But I am getting a different response just since this Wednesday, October 18th.

I had been experiencing a few second delay before the selected video would play, but under 5 seconds.

Starting this past Wednesday, I now get a black box where the ad would be playing, with a circulating wait arrow in the box. The time shown in the box is the time of the ad, and it just sits there for 10 to 20 seconds. Then the second ad tries to play and the process repeats. I have to sit through a black box for another 20 seconds before the video finally plays.

I had just paid $20 for an Annual subscription after the problem began, thinking the Premium Adblock Plus would fix it. But it has not helped.

Has YouTube drastically changed coding to where Adblock Plus is really "struggling" to work now? Does anyone know why my experience has drastically changed in the past few days?
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
LiamA

Re: Adblock Plus Has Stopped Working Properly On Youtube.

Post by LiamA »

I am also experiencing this. I was worried it was just me.
Fly25

Post by Fly25 »

Are you using Firefox? Do you have any other addons that might also block ads? I have the "Enhancer for YouTube" addon that I checked and found it has an adblocker that was detected by youtube. ABP isn't detected and still works for me.
reddrockingeezer

Thanks for replying.

I am running the latest version of Firefox on my PC. I only have two extensions installed. One is Adblock Plus, who I had just paid $20.00. The second extension is Zoom client, which I use an hour every two weeks.

I also use a tablet running a browser named Adblock Browser, the black box / swirling arrow is also happening on the tablet.

My Samsung phone has a browser named Free Adblocker Browser, and you-tube is still skipping ads on the phone.

I look forward to any help or comments, thanks.
mustanglex

Post by mustanglex »

I too am now experiencing it. At first I was getting a Youtube popup saying I was using Adblock and I just waited 5 seconds to click close and now, it spins with a black screen for 3 to 5 seconds then places. Please fix this. This just started happening to me a week ago.
fishyfool

Post by fishyfool »

I'm using the latest firefox with the latest ABP. I'm having issues using chrome, but firefox is working ok.
Nothing like described in his thread.
I can only guess it's because of NoScript.
Try it see if it helps
Oh, and if you're logged into youtube, log out.
reddrockingeezer

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I don't what what a**hole hijacked this thread, but Adblock Plus is now working correctly again on YouTube.

If anyone from Adblock Plus specifically worked on this, thank you.

I'm very glad it is working correctly now & I'm happy again.

:D :D :D :D :D :D
Fly25

Post by Fly25 »

YouTube have blocked videos for me now (not shorts). If I turn ABP off the videos play ok. Only way to watch videos with ABP on is to log out of YouTube.