How Can You Block Ads in Facebook Videos?

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
sleaf62

How Can You Block Ads in Facebook Videos?

Post by sleaf62 »

Is there a way to block the ads within Facebook videos in Chrome? It's so annoying watching a replay of a long livestream video and having ads interrupt the video every 15 minutes or so, and then needing to readjust the volume on the video after the ad ends because the ad turned up the volume.

I have Ad Block Plus Premium and I have the following lists:
ABP filters
EasyList
EasyPrivacy
Fanboy's Notifications Blocking List
Premium - Distraction Control
Allow nonintrusive advertising without third-party tracking.
rdkjaer

Re: How Can You Block Ads in Facebook Videos?

Post by rdkjaer »

@sleaf62 - did you ever get an answer to your question? I'm having the same issue and just bought Adblock Premium today in the hope that it would solve the issue, as it's able to block floating videos. However it was to no avail as the adds continues to appear every 5 minutes or so.

Could someone please be of assistance here - I would greatly appreciate it - Thanks in advance
greiner
ABP Developer

Post by greiner »

Facebook invests a lot of resources into trying to force ads on users, so some ads may make it through occasionally. That being said, we're also heavily investing in new technologies for ensuring that ads stay blocked.

This is an ongoing effort on our end and you can expect improvements in each update, including some that will be part of the next version of Adblock Plus, which we're currently working on.

Note that you don't need Premium for blocking ads, because the ad blocking capabilities in Adblock Plus are the same for all users. Premium gives you access to additional functionality and let's you block more distractions than just ads. Plus, your Premium subscription supports our team and the further development of Adblock Plus.
sleaf62

Post by sleaf62 »

@rdkjaer No, I never got a response to my question. That being said, I haven't seen any ads in my Facebook videos recently.
rdkjaer

Post by rdkjaer »

@greiner - Thank you for your response and explanation. I appreciate it very much and will happily continue to support Adblock through my subscription. I've used your services for years and it's only in the past month or so, that facebook has managed to bypass your otherwise perfect Adblocking.

How they are making it past your blocking now is beyond me at this point, but I suspect there are other factors at play, since the OP @sleaf62, now is replaying that he hasn't seen any ads recently. I'm in no way a computer expert, but it does hint to me, that perhaps it's time for a fresh install of Chrome or some other unknown action at a local PC level.

Thanks to both of you for your time and effort. Have a great day