ABP Premium Subscription disappearing after Chrome relaunch

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
108CAM

ABP Premium Subscription disappearing after Chrome relaunch

Post by 108CAM »

Re-Launched Google Chrome and something with my ABP Premium subscription got messed up and I had to re-subscribe.
Any idea on what may have happened? I don't want it happening again.
108CAM

Re: ABP Premium Subscription disappearing after Chrome relaunch

Post by 108CAM »

It has just happened for a second time.
Why do I keep losing something I've paid for twice?
Someone PLEASE help me. I have no idea what is happening or if ABP is still charging me for the messed up subscriptions.
greiner
ABP Developer

Post by greiner »

Sorry to hear that. If you paid for Premium already, you can activate it again by clicking on the "Paid Adblock Plus before?" link underneath the "Step 2: Choose Payment Type" box on the Premium upgrade page. So there's no need to pay for it multiple times, and I'd recommend cancelling the second subscription and requesting a refund, in case money was already transfered.

Now to your problem: Usually, Premium only gets deactivated if the subscription expired or some unrecoverable error occurred during the daily Premium license checks that the extension makes to check whether your Premium subscription is still active.

Therefore if you could provide us with more information about how often and when Premium gets reset (e.g. each time right after opening the browser), that could help us narrow it down a bit further. Furthermore, there may be some detailed error messages that may or may not tell us exactly what's wrong. You could get those by following these steps:
1. Right-click on the Adblock Plus toolbar icon and select "Manage extensions".
2. Click on the "background page" link on the page that opens up.
3. Make sure you're on the "Console" tab of the window that opens up.
4. Copy any text that you see in there and post it here.
108CAM

Post by 108CAM »

greiner wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:07 pm Sorry to hear that. If you paid for Premium already, you can activate it again by clicking on the "Paid Adblock Plus before?" link underneath the "Step 2: Choose Payment Type" box on the Premium upgrade page. So there's no need to pay for it multiple times, and I'd recommend cancelling the second subscription and requesting a refund, in case money was already transfered.

Now to your problem: Usually, Premium only gets deactivated if the subscription expired or some unrecoverable error occurred during the daily Premium license checks that the extension makes to check whether your Premium subscription is still active.

Therefore if you could provide us with more information about how often and when Premium gets reset (e.g. each time right after opening the browser), that could help us narrow it down a bit further. Furthermore, there may be some detailed error messages that may or may not tell us exactly what's wrong. You could get those by following these steps:
1. Right-click on the Adblock Plus toolbar icon and select "Manage extensions".
2. Click on the "background page" link on the page that opens up.
3. Make sure you're on the "Console" tab of the window that opens up.
4. Copy any text that you see in there and post it here.
Thanks so much. Got my subscription back without paying a cent!
I'll remember this for the future in case it happens again. Nice explanation of the daily licence checking system too.
nasri

Post by nasri »

Hey all, thanks so much for this timely help, as I happen to have the same issue and was able to resolve it with the help of this forum post. :D
My suggestion to the product documentation team that these steps be mentioned as part of the FAQ!
powerstone

Post by powerstone »

I'm having the same issue, every time I relaunch Chrome it resets to ABP free and I have to manually go in and reactivate my premium account.

ABP version 3.21
Chrome version Version 119.0.6045.160

Super annoying having to reactivate every time!
exad3545

Post by exad3545 »

This has occurred for the second time now.
Why do I repeatedly lose something I've paid for twice?
Someone, PLEASE assist me. I'm unsure of what's happening or if ABP is still billing me for the problematic subscriptions.
vnatale

Post by vnatale »

This is my third message on the subject: yes, it's happened to me.

Not sure why the company is doing nothing about it. My best guess is that they either don't care or the company is dying and they can't fix it.

Either way, I wrote to customer service asking for my money back and I'm done with this product.

FWIW, the forum keeps logging me out and throws errors when I try to log back in.