Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
RootedSuperuser

YouTube is going to block me

Post by RootedSuperuser »

So this is new! ....
Ketoryp

Re: YouTube is going to block me

Post by Ketoryp »

yeah, best bet is to load youtube, at the screen you see, click on the ABP icon, and turn off blocking for the page, then hit resume. once it starts playing an ad, re-enable ABP. next vided will try to play an ad, but just give you a black screen. once the ad is complete, just click the "skip ad" button, and away you go. Better than nothing until they fix the issue.
cagatayak

Post by cagatayak »

I'm having the same problem. When will it be fixed?
RootedSuperuser

Post by RootedSuperuser »

I just logged out, you get a pop up with every new video but it won't track you and lock you out, no advertising.
Also, delete your LSO cookie and google browsing data/history to reset to no views.
joanne.martell

Post by joanne.martell »

I had the same notifications. I ended up paying for Premium, because the ads on some videos are every 2 minutes, and it was driving me insane. I hope you can get it working as well as it did before Google took over. I still use it on other sites.
tersse

Post by tersse »

i to have this problem , but i sit in front of my pc, so when an add opens, i just use the arrows in the top left of page to go back to last video then forward again, and the add is gone, till the next one, till ABP finds a fix, it works for me.
borisf98

Post by borisf98 »

Sorry that nobody posted solutions, but they are out there. For example, replacing AdblockPlus with uBlock Origin still does a job on my friend's PC, and she had last warning. I personally kept AdblockPlus but added few scripts through Greasemonkey and no warnings anymore. You probably should not be logged in to YouTube all the time. It increases your chances to be blocked.

Also, there are more time-consuming solutions. I do not remember right now, but I saw recommendations a few months ago for a few websites that will rewind YouTube ads for you. You just need to open said websites and paste link from YouTube video page. I tried to search for them right now to no avail Google is not going to show them and Bing only have ads for results.