Error Codes on Install and Broken Filter List

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
Solomon_lxix

Error Codes on Install and Broken Filter List

Post by Solomon_lxix »

Hello,

My ABP on Chrome (Win10) is reporting multiple errors and will not retain any filter lists. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin, but the error codes come back up when I reinstall the plugin. Any idea how to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance!

The errors are as follows:

Uncaught (in promise) UnknownError: Internal error opening backing store for indexedDB.open.
Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'indexOf')
Uncaught (in promise) Error: Internal error opening backing store for indexedDB.open.
...[The above code repeats several times]...
Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'isActive')
Uncaught (in promise) Error: Internal error opening backing store for indexedDB.open.
Error: Internal error opening backing store for indexedDB.open.
Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'isActive')
Uncaught (in promise) UnknownError: Internal error opening backing store for indexedDB.open.
Solomon_lxix

Re: Error Codes on Install and Broken Filter List

Post by Solomon_lxix »

Some additional error codes in the plugin's console (pasted without editing):

[ScheduledEventEmitter]: Could not restore stored schedules.
warn @ background.js:7969
background.js:4911 Uncaught (in promise) DOMException: Internal error opening backing store for indexedDB.open.
45background.js:300 Uncaught (in promise) DOMException: Internal error opening backing store for indexedDB.open.
background.js:300 Uncaught (in promise) DOMException: Internal error opening backing store for indexedDB.open.
revalidateAllowlistingState @ background.js:300
await in revalidateAllowlistingState (async)
_dispatch @ common.js:43
(anonymous) @ background.js:69
greiner
ABP Developer

Post by greiner »

That looks like a data corruption problem to me. You mentioned that reinstalling the extension doesn't help, so I don't think there's anything that the extension can do to recover from it.

Most likely the problem is caused by Chrome, and usually they can be fixed by reinstalling Chrome. Therefore I'd suggest giving that a try.

If that doesn't help, it could be something even more severe such as problems with Windows or even your hardware.
ildjarn

Post by ildjarn »

I have exactly the same error, it started after I restarted my browser earlier today to install a Chrome update.