No Feedback and Lag Indicator

Everything about using Adblock Browser on Android
nofeedbackinsettings

No Feedback and Lag Indicator

Post by nofeedbackinsettings »

Why is there no way to provide feedback and suggest features in the app. I had to register to post here. that's lame.

I noticed that having ad blocking enabled makes some sites excruciatingly slow. Walmart.com is an example. It's almost impossible to use with ad blocking on, and still slow with it off. I use chrome for walmart.com because it's far faster. Note that there is no visual difference between the three methods of viewing the site. No actual ads are being blocked and enabling/disabling desktop mode makes no difference. I suspect it's just an ungodly amount of tracking being blocked in ways that require connection timeouts before the site will continue rendering.

So now every time a site lags a bit in loading I'm stuck asking myself if it's actually the adblock browser sitting there waiting for a connection timeout or some other dumb issue. Why not add an indicator to the browser to show how much ad-blocking is delaying the rendering of the page? That way when a site is lagging like a little b---- the user can know whether it's the ad blocker or something else causing the problem. The lag could be indicated in seconds or just with some type of icon that changes color or shape.