Adblock Plus hasn't been able to properly divert Youtube ads recently

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Microsoft Edge
UncleRed99

Adblock Plus hasn't been able to properly divert Youtube ads recently

Post by UncleRed99 »

Hello all. I'm new here, so bare with me if I make myself look stupid, but Youtube has never known I'm using an adblocker until about a week ago...
Since then, each time a new video is selected and the webpage is loaded, one of three things occur;
  • 1. YouTube will provide a pop-up on the webpage, stating "Using YouTube with an Adblocker is not allowed. Would you like to subscribe to YouTube Premium for Ad-Free Watching?" Or something along those lines, and then make me wait for a timer circle around the X on the pop-up before it lets me clear it, and after closing it, the video won't play.
    2. Upon loading the webpage for a video, YouTube only shows me the lil' astronaut guy with the message "Your offline. Check your connection." quoted, right where the video player should be. Or...
    3. Upon loading the web page, the video player or any content at all in that space of the page is just completely void & vacant. No player, no offline message, no "adblockers are against the rules cause it doesn't make us any money" complaint pop-ups ... If I turn off Adblock Plus, these problems go away, but the Ads play, annoying me all to hell.
Funny enough though, If I just refresh the webpage when any of these happen, then Adblock is able to block ads without YouTube throwing a fit, just fine... So I'm not sure exactly what else could be causing this other than Adblock. Has YouTube updated their site to catch the current version of Adblock Plus, and Adblock Plus hasn't developed the work-round for it yet, or is this something else...?

Thank you in advance, all.
- Uncle Red