Massive Element Blocking Issue

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Microsoft Edge
Reporter

Massive Element Blocking Issue

Post by Reporter »

1. vexmovies.pw and some other sports streaming websites, they enable full page overlay so when you try to click on the player to adjust volume a pop-up new tab opens

2. so first instinct is to use the HIDE ELEMENT feature, however, while the overlay gets highlighted red, the moment you click it to select it - a pop up new tab happens and it fails the capture

3. so you try to figure out what element it is so you right click the page, and even right clicking the page still opens the damn pop-up tab, so you have to use F12, I am trying to follow tutorials to identify the element causing this, and while I understand how to do it, for this one I need help identifying it so I am able to do it for others, please help me identify it for the vexmovies.pw

Lastly, please add a feature where it doesn't just highlight the element red, but it also spells out the element that it highlights, that way i can manually type it into the filters.

-Reporter
Reporter

Re: Massive Element Blocking Issue

Post by Reporter »

they are generating a new class every time you refresh the page, but the consistent part is that its always last <div, any tips on blocking it?
borisf98

Re: Massive Element Blocking Issue

Post by borisf98 »

I found out that with random class and ID names, I have to use partial style element or other elements. Use Inspect function in right click menu. You can see what elements are included. Often you have to use *, $, ^ partial syntax if other elements are also partial randomized.