Youtube Adbolker pop-up

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Microsoft Edge
Aestolia

Youtube Adbolker pop-up

Post by Aestolia »

I've been enjoying ABP for a long time now without any issue (youtube or elsewhere) so i decided to pay for premium. The moment I did Youtube started giving me 'disable your adblocker' pop up messages, and now is ready to block me out of watching videos unless I disable the adblocker.

Has anyone else encountered this or have any ideas. I'm very disappointed by this, and now regret having paid for premium as there seems to be no way to 'revert' my version.
Michael96067

Re: Youtube Adbolker pop-up

Post by Michael96067 »

I'm getting the same thing. YouTube says AdBlock and AdBlock Plus "violate their terms of service". Which is crap! YouTube again has taken away peoples' rights for blocking ads away. God forbid we take their money away! Good Lord! :x
SSXVegeta

Re: Youtube Adbolker pop-up

Post by SSXVegeta »

The way you worded that makes it sound like, it was because you upgraded that youtube has done what they did. It's not. They have been rolling this out for at least a month now, I was getting warnings a week ago, just got hit with the 3 more videos only warning today. Others had it already a month before. Just gotta hope that ABP can develop a circumvention into the plugin. If its a premium feature, I will definitely get it.