Just a user feedback about ABP and the YT situation

Various discussions related to Adblock Plus development
Topinambour

Just a user feedback about ABP and the YT situation

Post by Topinambour »

Hello, opening my browser tonight I had a page with adblock asking me to support the effort €€€

As a Homo Sapiens who's really into sapiens and thinking it is worth it, I look a lot of content on Youtube and many other websites. Yet a poor homo sapiens :roll: So I thought, hey I use this beautiful tool since a long time... do something ! So I came here and honestly answered a survey about YT ads, I know there's a lot going right now about it.

I also want to say a huge thank to all of you working on this. You are fighting an ads model which has gone completely crazy and invasive, you are true warriors to me and Adblock+ is definitely a sanity keeper to me. Ads truly make me mad and sick.

I can't remember how many times I was speaking about anything to someone and abracadabra there's an ad about it on my phone. Crazy shit.

Sometimes I think about shutting off everything and going back to a very basic phone. About the YT ads survey, I find it kinda crazy that most of us are not able to switch on another videos website, including myself. Sorry about that, probably would make it easier for you. Habits die hard I guess. Maybe all my memories about video content is on this website. I laughed, I cried, I've been angry and grateful for all the music I am able to listen there for free while using ABP and I wrote a lot of stuff with hip hop beats I listen to there since I was a teenager. Yet the more I think about it, the more I feel ready to switch and say goodbye to YT.

If by any chance I get rich someday, I will make a huge donation for all the work you've done and are still doing, allowing people like me to use the web with less to worry about, making it a safer place. Damn I would not be rich for a long time if I give money to all the people deserving it but hey. It would be worth it, I think I understand what you are fighting for. Thank you, thank you, thank you !