Regarding the Inclusion of RUB in the Contribution Currency List

Various discussions related to Adblock Plus development
vadymecum

Regarding the Inclusion of RUB in the Contribution Currency List

Post by vadymecum »

Dear Adblock Team and Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I recently encountered the Adblock update screen, and as a user, I appreciate the continuous efforts to enhance the platform. However, I would like to bring to your attention a matter of concern.

In reviewing the currency options for donations, I observed the inclusion of RUB, the russian ruble. This raised significant discomfort for me, considering the ongoing war aggression by russia, the terrorist state, against Ukraine. The actions of the russian government, including war crimes and human rights violations, are deeply troubling. Many nations, recognizing these issues, have imposed sanctions against russia and russian oligarchic individuals.

I understand the importance of providing diverse currency options, but given the global context and the atrocities committed by russia, including the oppression of minority rights and support for terrorism, the inclusion of RUB in the list is concerning.

I kindly urge you to reconsider the inclusion of RUB in the currency options. This aligns with the stance of democratic nations and would send a clear message against supporting a regime involved in such actions.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I believe that, as a community, we can contribute to positive change through thoughtful decisions.

Thankfully