Two ideas to improve Adblock Plus

Discussion on adblockplus.org website and translations
systemBuilder

Two ideas to improve Adblock Plus

Post by systemBuilder »

I just installed your tool 5 minutes ago. I don't want the YouTubers I am watching to go bankrupt. But YouTube Ads are spiraling out of control. So I have two suggestions - - -

1. During installation of Adblock Plus, it only gives me 2 choices, "Support us now (before trying the tool)" or "Don't support us". I would appreciate a third option, "Remind me in XYZ days" (maybe defaulting to 14 days but changeable). I fully plan to support the tool after I've tried it for a while. Perhaps make the maximum reminder time 6 months, and have no option to skip reminders to pay completely.

2. I wish there were a tool that would perhaps cut my ads in half, or 1/3rd, or something. Often I am happy to support the creator by watching an ad or two. I try to watch relevant Ads to support the channel & YouTube as long as its 60s per 10-minute video. but when I get 2 back to back 5 minute hard-sell ads for a 10-minute video that's just insane - i watch 30+ seconds so the creator can get paid for each and then skip the rest. So an option to "throttle" (but not eliminate) YouTube Ads would be good, like 1-2 ads every 10 minutes or 70 seconds every 10 minutes or something, not 42 minutes of content for 60 minutes of watching which is what killed the big-3 TV networks ...